IGNORED

Covert 3 (Touched Music)

Touched Music

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems very unlikely that "november air" is boc.

I heard otherwise....

It would make sense they front load the compilation with the two biggest artists that previously turned down Touched compilations. I'm looking at you, BOC & AFX.

• 2 weeks later...

As before, great anonymous compilation. I've been digesting it daily since I've got it. I must say, "Yttr" sounds quite a bit like Autechre, but not very much like their recent NTS output. That track they released for Adult Swim sounded much like their NTS release material, so that makes me doubt that this is Ae with "Yttr". What are others' thoughts? 

As before, great anonymous compilation. I've been digesting it daily since I've got it. I must say, "Yttr" sounds quite a bit like Autechre, but not very much like their recent NTS output. That track they released for Adult Swim sounded much like their NTS release material, so that makes me doubt that this is Ae with "Yttr". What are others' thoughts? 

It could be an older track. They have been known to do that e.g. Gantz Graf. Also the Sequin Innfoil track is from Quinoline Yellow's 2005 output. Nothing to say any of the tracks are even done recently. Which just adds to the confusion  :wacko:

Yeah, I figured. I mean, many of the other tracks Ae released for Touched sound like their from a different era, too. But I mean, there's just no one else who sounds like this (I'm listening to "Ytter" again right now). It's quite an acheivement, that something so different and new could sound like no one else, that your first thought is "oh, that has to be Autechre". Immitators are rare if not impossible. 

Also, a fucking beast of a track. One of my favorites for a while. 

Also, I didn't want to resurrect a really old thread, but maybe this is better suited for the Covert I anthology: it's pretty clear that "twels" is also Ae, right? 

I think the assumption was that from that name (with all the 'twelb' banter back in the day) it was indeed either Stan or Robin, or at least someone here in WATMM trying to be Shawn and Rubin.

Interesting. But somewhat disappointing if some of those tracks (November Air, Ytter) are just fan copies. Seeing how some of the known tracks really are 'big name' artists, I would hope the other tracks are too. Even if they are obscure tracks they've picked out of their archive. I definitely don't think Qaul or The Pareto Principle is AE. Ytter sounds most like them. Twels is a strong contender too. However, even listening to both of those tracks there are sounds in there that I convince myself are just cliched glitch sounds AE would never use. So as much as I want to believe it is them, there is always that element of doubt.

This compilation is fantastic.

Ably Rededicated definitely sounds 100% Plaid. Some wild guesses:

Qual - Phoenecia?

Vogon Poetry - DMX Krew?

Serum - Ochre?

Archived