IGNORED

Overmono - Whities 019

batch

nice one out on whities from the brothers russell. makes me want to revisit the recent kreggo release on LT

https://whities.bandcamp.com/album/whities-019

We've been big fans all all Overmono's work to date, so its a pleasure to present our final release of 2018 from the duo made up of real-life brothers Tessela and Truss. 

Whities 019 is a three-track 12" of varying styles, all showcasing an impressive dexterity with melody, texture and emotion. 

a2703756227_10.jpg

• 1 month later...

^i dunno gets hype enough for me, but definitely feels like it could've gone farther/over the edge. They play with the tension (edging hehe) well. Dunno how I missed this thread, only checked this out because it was on some year end list or another, three v good tracks though.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 6:45 AM, Salvatorin said:

i love how iii's front makes you think it is going to drop into the biggest fattest breakbeat hardcore and it never does. it's like edging

gRRReeeat track

When I went through the whites back catalogue for the first time it was a true delight! And yes Overmono was one of my favourites. Aria 3 is also worth checking out on XL.

• 1 year later...

That new track "Pieces of 8" came out and it slaps. It was in the cart and I had vaguely remembered WATMM praise so I just did an impulsive, throw-it-in-the-bin deal at Bandcamp and it was the right move. I've had the 3 Arla EPs, Everything U Need, POLY011, Raft Living and the new single on a run and it's a quality crop of tracks. Aerially, it's like a BOC/SAWII rave. Salvatorin really did say it best about the restraint: edging ???

let's chuck it in so you don't have to go looking:

Edited by xxx
  • Like 2

They are doing the next Fabric Presents release which will be hot.  2xLP with select tracks from the mix, plus a new track from them included.  Can't wait for it to turn up!

https://store.fabriclondon.com/products/fabric-presents-overmono

*edit*

Just realised I can download the single which is called "If U Ever" from my fabric account already.  Cheers

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...