Sign in to follow this  
batch

Overmono - Whities 019

nice one out on whities from the brothers russell. makes me want to revisit the recent kreggo release on LT

https://whities.bandcamp.com/album/whities-019

We've been big fans all all Overmono's work to date, so its a pleasure to present our final release of 2018 from the duo made up of real-life brothers Tessela and Truss. 

Whities 019 is a three-track 12" of varying styles, all showcasing an impressive dexterity with melody, texture and emotion. 

a2703756227_10.jpg

Overmono are on fire, check them out and their solo releases. Kreggo's LP was amazing as well. 

Really nice 

i love how iii's front makes you think it is going to drop into the biggest fattest breakbeat hardcore and it never does. it's like edging

^i dunno gets hype enough for me, but definitely feels like it could've gone farther/over the edge. They play with the tension (edging hehe) well. Dunno how I missed this thread, only checked this out because it was on some year end list or another, three v good tracks though.

Aaaaaaaand it's gone.

Crap. nothing on the page about it being limited, so I was waiting till work was over.

Bagged a ticket to see them in Oxford on the late Bank Holiday weekend in May, excite

Just checking this out now after Bleep promoted their latest release POLY011 – first time I'd heard of them. Quality stuff. 

On 1/15/2019 at 6:45 AM, Salvatorin said:

i love how iii's front makes you think it is going to drop into the biggest fattest breakbeat hardcore and it never does. it's like edging

gRRReeeat track

When I went through the whites back catalogue for the first time it was a true delight! And yes Overmono was one of my favourites. Aria 3 is also worth checking out on XL.

On 1/15/2019 at 12:45 AM, Salvatorin said:

it's like edging

lol - excellent analogy.