IGNORED

Yitter?

Nenlow66

... there is a familiarity, both in bass and hats with EXM Hold On too, but I find that twels do not have such a strong personality that allows us to arrive at a certain thesis, both favorable or unfavorable. It could be a piece Ae with moderate identity, (like CinChr... so, if Ae, i'm think more to that period than exai) or not not be them.

This paradoxical fact comes to mind:
Here in Italy, in Livorno, years ago,  heads of statues were found: the scinetific examinations and the critics' evaluations led unequivocally to attribute the heads to Modigliani (it was known, in fact, that the sculptor, in a moment of despondency, had thrown - hypothetically - in some muddy channels some works). It was discovered later that it was a joke spun by a group of "pranksters" ... the incredible thing is that, recently, Modigliani's lost heads were really found, but after the joke, no critic and no chemical expert is charged with the responsibility of issuing a judgment, so the true statues, today, are closed in the basement of a bank, awaiting trial. There, probably, they will remain forever.

I don't see the familiarity with Hold On at all, to be honest. There's just a certain ae-ness about twels that makes me so convinced, but if it is another artist then IMO they've managed to achieve the ae sound PERFECTLY.

Hold On is quite good though, EXM sound pretty deece so I'll have to check more of their stuff out.

This paradoxical fact comes to mind:
Here in Italy, in Livorno, years ago,  heads of statues were found: the scinetific examinations and the critics' evaluations led unequivocally to attribute the heads to Modigliani (it was known, in fact, that the sculptor, in a moment of despondency, had thrown - hypothetically - in some muddy channels some works). It was discovered later that it was a joke spun by a group of "pranksters" ... the incredible thing is that, recently, Modigliani's lost heads were really found, but after the joke, no critic and no chemical expert is charged with the responsibility of issuing a judgment, so the true statues, today, are closed in the basement of a bank, awaiting trial. There, probably, they will remain forever.

Great story, thanks for that.

^exm is great imo. Once you get past the more obvious AE-ripping stuff of his earlier releases, there's some really interesting albums. Overscore and Modulus are some nice releases, he's got lots of EPs and singles to pick through too. Patterns and ineSix/Cider are worth giving a chance. Bonus track on Modulus, Meltt, was one of the best tracks I've heard in the last year or whatever since it came out. A lot of his stuff is meh too tho imo, so definitely don't let one or two weak tracks turn you off, keep digging.

Archived