IGNORED

Twisted Electrons hapiNES

TheBro

What do you lot think of this company? They seem to be producing a lot of stuff which isn't getting too noticed but they're unique products. I'm kinda interested in the hapiNES. It looks nice and sounds fun. Well looks could be better but I think could useful in a modern set up for a different flavour!!!

hapiNES-3.jpghapiNES-plugin.jpg

It looks cool, but seems pretty limited to the "stereotypical" side of chiptune, imo. The idea of chiptune is not all about cutesy fast arpeggios and blippy drums, but more about pushing hardware to its limits. It'd be more interesting, imo, if they allowed for more extreme settings, e.g. faster arp settings, faster / higher intensity LFOs (into audio rates), parameter/sound locks etc. 

At the moment it looks like a cute addition to a bigger setup, but really, it's cheaper to get a DMG and LSDJ or Nanoloop; you'd be able to easily achieve those base sounds, but then take them so much further due not only to the parameters allowing more extreme settings, but also being able to define "instruments" and swap between them within the same channel.

Having said all that though, I do like the idea of the µAcid8; I personally think that's a better choice.

It looks cool, but seems pretty limited to the "stereotypical" side of chiptune, imo. The idea of chiptune is not all about cutesy fast arpeggios and blippy drums, but more about pushing hardware to its limits. It'd be more interesting, imo, if they allowed for more extreme settings, e.g. faster arp settings, faster / higher intensity LFOs (into audio rates), parameter/sound locks etc. 

At the moment it looks like a cute addition to a bigger setup, but really, it's cheaper to get a DMG and LSDJ or Nanoloop; you'd be able to easily achieve those base sounds, but then take them so much further due not only to the parameters allowing more extreme settings, but also being able to define "instruments" and swap between them within the same channel.

Having said all that though, I do like the idea of the µAcid8; I personally think that's a better choice.

Fair enough. :-) I had a listen to the µAcid8 it is interesting but I just felt the sound was pretty limited myself and has been mostly covered by other monosynths. 

The idea of chiptune is not all about cutesy fast arpeggios and blippy drums, but more about pushing hardware to its limits.

Though with Tim Follin it can be both :)

Archived