BCM

Corbyn is the jam. Stop hating him, who else has Labour to offer than him? Under his tenure Labour's numbers have gone up. Or are you people aching for more Tory ineptness and evil?

Blair won 418, 413 and 355 seats, Brown got 258, Miliband 232, Corbyn 262 (but is now down to 245 after various defections and forced expulsions for criminality and racism). Corbyn's swing in total number of votes has occurred alongside a similar increase for the Tories (who also increased their total votes in the last election, by over 2 million votes), the collapse of the Lib Dem vote is probably the biggest factor, along with a slight increase in turnout. It's not at all impressive.

4 million votes increase is not impressive? The question is can he hold on to the votes while the Tories implode. Tory self destruction is entirely possible. Under fptp seats won is important. It’s interesting to see that corbyn didn’t win so many more seats. Thanks for pointing that out.

I’ve been spying on conhome,lbc and dailymail and they are full of pissed off Tories who will never vote again because they want no deal brexit. If may loses 2 million votes she’s screwed I reckon.

No a 3.5 million increase not as impressive when viewed alongside a 2.3 million increase from the Tories. Also, along with the Lib Dems vote total still being a third of what it was a couple of elections previous, the SNP dropped 22 seats and half a million votes (after a highly inflated and unlikely to repeat result for them in the previous election).

Even if there are a bunch of disaffected Tories in the next election it's not likely to lead to major swings in Labours favor, Labour should hold their previous gains at least in most areas, though are under threat in others (in the metro areas in particular), SNP aren't going to drop any further and Labour will have greater competition than last time on their own turf. Depressed turnout across the board from brexit weariness, among other things, wouldn't be at all surprising either, expect lower vote totals for Labour too. May will not be leading the Tories in the next election btw, so there's that as well, it would be hard for them to do worse. The Lib Dems are the most likely to pick up a seat in my constituency for example, where they're currently 2nd place to a pro-brexit MP in a big-remain majority area.

If they're lucky there might be another hung parliament, but I can't see Corbyn agreeing a program for government with anyone else.

Corbyn did slightly better than Miliband, but was starting from a very poor position.

Corbyn has been good but I think his numbers up. Wouldn’t mind seeing Yvette Cooper have a crack, after May it will be refreshing to see a normal woman in politics and Pontefract is a fucking shithole so hopefully she has a good idea about normal struggles.

looking forward to the post empire death throes being so mind melting that we elect a candidate running under the motto "better things aren't possible" before the sea eventually consumes us

lol, the independent group are now officially a party, called Change UK

...or CUK 

:facepalm:

the online petition website change.org is apparently thinking of suing them though, so maybe they'll be able to come up with a name that can't be readily mocked by right wing trolls.

lol, the independent group are now officially a party, called Change UK

...or CUK 

:facepalm:

the online petition website change.org is apparently thinking of suing them though, so maybe they'll be able to come up with a name that can't be readily mocked by right wing trolls.

Should be called the WAR party because what they support is Blairite wars

Just can't wrap my head around Corbyn being a PM, I'm pretty sure he's just as totally inept as May. I seriously think Corbyn in charge is a disaster (just like May). Fucking hell I'm sick of looking at her scrawny fucking pointy-nosed face and his fucking lifeless skeleton skull. I think the politicians can't sort this out, the vote needs to go back to the people. We need to decide the next step.

What the fuck is going on? 

even if you truly believe he is completely inept, i feel like what you need to ask yourself is, inept, or actively fucking nasty. or for me, SNP.

Actively fucking nasty sums up the tories to a tee. They are venal vultures, and they’re totally inept (as highlighted by brexit). We need change desperately.

i think they are dragging it out as long as possible,before we eventually get back to some form of normality somehow,and certain familiar faces know that when the dust settles,and the long term damage is assessed,and how it all was allowed to happen,they are fucked

Edited by sunshine recorder

looks like the DUP are considering shafting the brexiteers out of spite now, would be pretty funny if those cunts ended up being the reason brexit finally collapsed. they're all a bunch of paranoid morons, they could have had brexit if they wanted it, the idea that the EU was going to trap them in the backstop indefinitely is laughable.

May's saying she might bring her deal back to be voted on a fourth fucking time...Jesus, give it up woman.

Edited by BCM

quite

if Bozza succeeds May, then a Bozza v Corbyn election is the worst of all match-ups, just imagine some Street Fighter-esque caricatures for that ruck

one fat round blue bastard vs a spindly ultra-red commie magus

even avoided buying a sunday paper @ the news agents, as every front page was screaming "BE DEPRESSED, NO, BE EVEN MORE DEPRESSED THAN THAT, CUNT"

On a Sunday, aye, old analogue habits...

Home is usually quiet for a few hours, but it's a brief window before the chaos returns. Hence, take a walk round the local shop w/k9, grip some bacon sarnie ingredients & browse the canned chatter, ie: Cardiff City PL abortions, Swans bs & any Newport County results. The shop owner is pretty mellow & he usually has a treat for the canine leg rapist. Simple pleasures

Took one look at the rack of shit there today & thought "naaaaaaaaaaaah", so ate point-four grams of decarbed indica about 2pm & it's kicking in harrrrrrrrrrrd nowwwww