BCM

^the only way farage is fucking off is if brexit actually happens. The one sole reason for leaving. A brexisnt guarantees we'll be hearing his drivel for the rest of his life, which will hopefully be short given all the beer, fags and light aircraft crashes

The UK government has spent almost £100,000 of taxpayers’ money in the last week buying Facebook adverts in a bid to convince the public to support Theresa May’s Brexit deal

the Conservatives spent a further £40,000 of their own money in the last week buying Facebook ads to promote Theresa May’s deal
The People’s Vote campaign for a second referendum spent £47,000 arguing that the deal satisfies no one and urging people to demand a fresh vote.

The pro-Brexit group Britain’s Future spent more than £21,000 in the last week on Facebook adverts encouraging the public to email their MP and tell them to reject the deal.

this is nuts

Edited by goDel

I mean, governments have been paying media companies to air public service announcements for a long time, it's just that facebook isn't regulated like a media company.

So it looks like the UK can remain without approval of the other EU members so the European Court of Justice decided. I wonder if and how this will influence the vote tomorrow.

the judges that made the ruling:

22d8073d-f7fd-4ede-88b1-d8b57254823a.jpg

...reminds me of Eyes Wide Shut

I mean, governments have been paying media companies to air public service announcements for a long time, it's just that facebook isn't regulated like a media company.

that's the thing, i guess. and its not even about blaming facebook, per se. they're making money and have some amoral position in all of this. not that i agree with them being amoral about it. that's just a given at this point.

here, perhaps its more about various parties pulling the political levers - playing marketeer/propaganda - through unregulated outlets. all sorts of money is being poured into political influence. perhaps this is the norm in the states. but please keep that bs out of european politics. really hate that "propaganda" is being spread by all kinds of parties with private and even public money. 

whether or not facebook should be regulated like normal media outlets, is as far as im concerned not directly the issue. the issue is more that these are unregulated 'public announcements'. these kinds of public announcements should be regulated. regardless of the distribution format.

'The deal Treesa done with the Euros was shit. The Brexit crazies didn't like it, the Waitrose remainiacs didn't like it. The Prods from Norn Iron really fucking hated it coz it might have meant they had to be more Irish. Bare man resigned. May was gunna lose big. So rather than put it to a vote as promised, she's gunna go talk to the Eurotrash and ask for some concessions that they've already said they won't give, them come back in January with the deal all tarted up but basically the same, and ask MPs to vote on it.' 

that's the thing, i guess. and its not even about blaming facebook, per se. they're making money and have some amoral position in all of this. not that i agree with them being amoral about it. that's just a given at this point.

here, perhaps its more about various parties pulling the political levers - playing marketeer/propaganda - through unregulated outlets. all sorts of money is being poured into political influence. perhaps this is the norm in the states. but please keep that bs out of european politics. really hate that "propaganda" is being spread by all kinds of parties with private and even public money.

whether or not facebook should be regulated like normal media outlets, is as far as im concerned not directly the issue. the issue is more that these are unregulated 'public announcements'. these kinds of public announcements should be regulated. regardless of the distribution format.

Do you mean the adverts from the lobbying groups? Total agreement here. Those things should go die in fire.

Nicked from a mate on WhatsApp but this sums it up at the mo.

“But Theresa, what’s going to happen when you go to renegotiate after you’ve been telling them for two weeks this is the only deal possible?”

“They won’t remember”

If Corbyn gets into power due to the Tory shambles, then this country really is doomed.

That's my biggest fear of all. Not that I'm Tory Boy Beerwolf by any stretch of the imagination. But I don't want him and his cronies in power. Fuck that.

prediction: outcome will be that brexit will be cancelled and britain remains. the conservs implode and corbyn new pm. but despite peoples fears, corbyn in power will be just as powerful as may. and bs will go on for a couple more years. giving farage and his cronies more political power as they keep hugging bannon and russian money.