BCM

I also think she's terrible, but not because of any media representation, she's a far left loon who thinks Mao was great. Weird how anyone who made positive comments about Hitler would rightly see their political career come to an end, but if they were to gush about Stalin or Mao it's dismissed as harmless.

I’ll agree with that. Left needs honest integrity and not rose tinted specs on devastating blows to humanity. I’ll also chime in on the whole private school thing. Yes it’s the height of hypocrisy to be on the left and sending your kid to one. Chakrabarty also did. Corbyn split with his wife cause she wanted to send their kid to a grammar school. Politics divorce trivia.

current status - Omnishambles, or Fuxit (better than Fixit, Yorkshire's finest already copyrighted that)

and

edit 4 div, they're all cunts, but if Rees-Mogg was to meet a particularly violent end &/or drown @ a Pissoir VIP event hosted by Michael Barrymore = happy days

Did you see his (Pees-Bog) tweet in.fucking.Latin.

Because your "opinion" of her was entirely based on the media representation of her and not at all on any actual meaningful information or analysis.

Probably guilty but I do have better things to do than go meaningfully investigating and analysing Dianne Abbot. Don't we all judge people by the way they act, speak or behave when in front of us? From gut instinct she doesn't come across as somebody I'd want in office. That's not the medias fault that's hers. But I'm cool to admit when I'm wrong about something or somebody.

Edited by beerwolf

Because your "opinion" of her was entirely based on the media representation of her and not at all on any actual meaningful information or analysis.

Probably guilty but I do have better things to do than go meaningfully investigating and analysing Dianne Abbot. Don't we all judge people by the way they act, speak or behave when in front of us? From gut instinct she doesn't come across as somebody I'd want in office. That's not the medias fault that's hers mine. But And I'm cool to admit when I'm wrong about something or somebody.

Almost good! :)

current status - Omnishambles, or Fuxit (better than Fixit, Yorkshire's finest already copyrighted that)

and

edit 4 div, they're all cunts, but if Rees-Mogg was to meet a particularly violent end &/or drown @ a Pissoir VIP event hosted by Michael Barrymore = happy days

Did you see his (Pees-Bog) tweet in.fucking.Latin.

google just shat in my brain looking that Moggadon knowledge up lol

RM is a rampant, continously moist, herpes chancre, irony is if you take Dyer's ancestry it gets more surreal

dannydyertweet1.jpg

the jargon count is staggering overall, a word map would highlight the toss of "kicking the can down the road", "backstop/catcher/wicketkeeper?", "withdrawal/splurge all of over their ass", endless bs

the linguistics, personalities, policies & logic are a nadir for politics & having family in/from the north of Ireland, what it cost to achieve peace, how recessions stir bad choices, hence avoid certain media & rewatch The Sopranos, Silvio rrrrrrrocks

200.gif

I also think she's terrible, but not because of any media representation, she's a far left loon who thinks Mao was great. Weird how anyone who made positive comments about Hitler would rightly see their political career come to an end, but if they were to gush about Stalin or Mao it's dismissed as harmless.

I’ll agree with that. Left needs honest integrity and not rose tinted specs on devastating blows to humanity. I’ll also chime in on the whole private school thing. Yes it’s the height of hypocrisy to be on the left and sending your kid to one. Chakrabarty also did. Corbyn split with his wife cause she wanted to send their kid to a grammar school. Politics divorce trivia.

I didn't know chakrabarti also did it. That's a shame. The whole anti-Semitism inquiry immediately followed by peerage and shadow cabinet role was also very weird/ obviously suspect. Maybe she's not that great...

Interesting interview giving plenty insight into british politics. In a non-cynical way, btw. But more in a sort-of restoring hope in Britain kind of way. Which does feel a bit ironic. But its just refreshing to hear a couple of politicians being honest and straightforward about the whole Brexit ordeal.

Highly recommended for the non-Brits with a desire to understand wtf going on in the formerly United Kingdom.

i think this* article (put it in google translate or whatever if you're interested) puts a finger on what i've been thinking the issue is for quite a while now. the discourse is dominated by middle class intellectuals who can't grasp the mindset of the leave-voters/yellow vests in france/swedish democrats and their counterparts, which is why we're seeing these developments all over europe and, by extension, the US.

the leave voters and other right wingers are, unfortunately, the new system critics while the loudest (in sweden they're mostly left and right wing liberals) voices in politics are doing their best to maintain the status quo. the critics of the 70s are the same people who are voting remain, which is ironic in a sense. they've gone from wanting change to wanting preservation. it's not that I disagree with them--were I british i'd have voted remain--but it's not a sustainable situation. people aren't listening to each other anymore. there's just too much contempt between globalists ("intellectuals") and nationalists ("white trash") and nobody's willing to actually admit it.

whatever became of class consciousness? corporate interests and an unwillingness to change our ecologically and economically unsustainable lifestyle weighs heavier to most, including self-proclaimed leftists (me being one of them), than the vision of a future where people actually get along with each (without contempt) other and the planet.

http://www.dagensarena.se/essa/det-folkliga-missnojet-vacker-medelklassens-forakt/

The old revolutionaries become the new system. It's the same as always.

Power and money (which in essence is interchangeable with power) have a way of piling up to a few and is not really dependent on the system, but can be mitigated to some degree by creating some kind of accountability to whoever is in charge. This is maybe the problem with the super rich that they wield a huge amount of power but are not really accountable for how they use it and they can all work in the background without having to expose themselves to public scrutiny.

But to get real, there is maybe a lack of willingness to address the wealth disparity because on the global scale and in the globalized world all westerners, including the so called poor or working class, are rich compared to the majority of the world's population. If wealth was distributed evenly around the whole world almost everybody in the EU and US would be worse off.

Let's say you make 500e per month or 6000e per year. You are still on the top 22% richest people by income in the world. Check here: http://www.globalrichlist.com/

yup so it goes i suppose. i dunno if the irony we're seeing these days is part of that pattern though. it's like peoples' self image is preventing them from taking a critical look at themselves and realizing they're part of the problem. but at the same time irrationality has always been part of the human condition. homo economicus was always a lie

distribution of wealth is, as you're saying, probably at the center of the issue. that, and the relegation of the economically and intellectually poor to the countryside. politics are mainly addressing the cities and their issues and so the segregated poor feel deprived. especially when money starts going to immigrants who are now receiving the same welfare support they themselves have always asked and worked for. ...it's basically what the article is saying, anyways. not that i disagree

Everything just a tiny bit out of the political mainstream seems to be misjudged as "extreme" today. "The end is nigh"- This is especially the case in Europe. As an open person, all those left/right/above/below/darkgreen/whatever political opinions are... interesting. Condemning them supports splitting of societies.

Brits chose Brexit. ORLY so fucking what. They decide. We're not experts in most things and just have media output. Who are we to judge others...

Edited by Guest

Same goes for the whole "i'm lib or left leaning but the tories are more trustworthy with the economy". Utter nonsense based in zero actual logic and mindlessly repeated because it has been said by others so it must make sense.

If you are not extremely wealthy and you vote tory then you are most probably quite stupid or just a cunt . If you are extremely wealthy and you vote tory then you are most probably just a cunt too.

stick to releasing ripoff tuss tracks m8 and stay away from the politics

also is this your 100th namechange or what

Same goes for the whole "i'm lib or left leaning but the tories are more trustworthy with the economy". Utter nonsense based in zero actual logic and mindlessly repeated because it has been said by others so it must make sense.

If you are not extremely wealthy and you vote tory then you are most probably quite stupid or just a cunt . If you are extremely wealthy and you vote tory then you are most probably just a cunt too.

but he’s right??

but he’s right??

watmm is the most lefty forum I have ever seen, lol. it's really quite embarrassing to read these threads.

if i wrote on here 'anyone who voted against brexit is a dumb cunt' - then imagine the hateful responses i would receive on here :cat:

Edited by B1000

What's wrong with being lefty? Right-wing ideological hegemony over the past 150 or so years has brought us fancy gadgets to waste away on but also wealth inequality and a planet that will be uninhabitable for the majority of the people let alone what it has done to the various biomes.

IMO, time to dust off the guillotines and cull the exploiters from our midst and start building towards a more egalitarian society.

Edited by azatoth

but he’s right??

watmm is the most lefty forum I have ever seen, lol. it's really quite embarrassing to read these threads.

if i wrote on here 'anyone who voted against brexit is a dumb cunt' - then imagine the hateful responses i would receive on here :cat:

at least you're a massive moron regardless of your political leaning

There’s a Brexit movie coming out in HBO starring Benadryl Cuddlesnatch. It’s partly financed by Len Blavatnik, business partner of Viktor Vekselberg, a Russian oligarch who is all up in the Brexit/Trump mess. The movie has no mention of interference from Russia.

It’s basically information warfare, like Snowden and his Oliver Stone movie.

yeah but that ex public-school human guinea pig descended from slave owners, was probably in on the inter-dimensional reptilian paedophile pizza plot in DC too

think about it

surprised-guinea-pig-photoshop-battle-1-

A fresh cup of tea to soothe thy collective brow, Albion dearest? Huzza!

article-2295489-18A9EC7E000005DC-859_634

I doubt any movie can reach the absurdity that this shitshow has already reached, even if you'd put David Lynch to direct it.

Every time there's some news piece on Brexit it's just  :cerious:  :facepalm:  Like the recent one about Theresa May getting locked in the car or the one about the premature parliamentary ejaculation.

Nah, all they have to do is make a movie painting certain people as non-traitors. There’s nothing tinfoil hat about it.

I guess Cumberpatch is the go-to guy for that, since he played Assange already.