BCM

Is it fuck. Whole thing is completely untenable, always has been. My prediction is extention of Article 50 for 9 months, then inevitable second vote at some point.

the problem with this is that the european elections are at the end of May, and the EU want the situation resolved before then. they don't want britain involved in them if they're going to be leaving shortly after. so I think if there's an extension it will probably be a fairly short one.

Yes, admittedly that might be an issue for any extension but there have been agreeable noises from the EU on extending Article 50 so I don't think they see it as an insurmountable problem - it's much preferable to all than a no deal scenario.

Edited by BCM

Not heard anything here to suggest anything other than the status quo (i.e. nobody has a clue about anything, no agreed plan etc). Only thing that's been in the media in the UK is that Corbyn might be gearing up to support May's plan, but it's all speculation thus far.

I'm hoping that the whole thing will eventually be cancelled as you know, but if we have to leave, I'd much rather see any kind of deal than a no deal situation.

there was a news story the other day that a Cold War Evacuation Plan for the Royal Family had been dusted off and taken out of retirement in the event of riots breaking out in London if No Deal Brexit happens  :cerious:

Lol yeah I did see that... Shit is going to be wild. Britain will turn into an Escape From New York style post apocalyptic 80s hellhole. I'm going to get myself some fingerless leather gloves and a bat with nails in it. And some futuristic as fuck sunglasses.

The Finnish media has been publishing some news on UK which makes it seem like some kind of a modern Dickensian dystopia where large part of the people live in poverty and die due to preventable diseases..

The Finnish media has been publishing some news on UK which makes it seem like some kind of a modern Dickensian dystopia where large part of the people live in poverty and die due to preventable diseases..

Welcome to England - its beautiful here, every day's a Winter Wonderland

Winter_Wonderland_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BquLmH

Don't believe everything you read in Ilta Sanomat (though to be fair, that is a pretty accurate description)

nicola sturgeon is/was here in USA and saw her interviewed and first thought was "Why can't we have someone like her" and she had a lot of thoughtful things to say about Brexit and Scotland. irony that one of the arguments for scotland not leaving UK years ago was the benefits of being part of the EU. 

perhaps you've heard all this before. seems pragmatic and common sense. probably not viewable in your country though. shrug.  interview starts at 2 minutes.  

https://www.pbs.org/video/divided-kingdom-1549317655/

...also good for vandalising the graves of people responsible for the deaths of millions:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/feb/05/karl-marx-london-grave-vandalised-suspected-hammer-attack-highgate-cemetery

labour's pro-brexit stance continuing to win them friends:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/05/labour-membership-falls-10-amid-unrest-over-brexit-stance

down yet again in latest opinion polls too.

how is corbyn being so bad at this

general ineptitude aside, putting party before the national interest & laissez-faire bs hoping to force an election, the twat has def bottled it regardless & how he hasn't been replaced is one aspect of a broader kaleidoscopic mandala infested by gimps 

there's a pub in Bristol where the landlord Corbinned up the gaff, haven't gone in there since, just look at the jowly cunt beaming "all answers from Jeremy, our Oracle & Saviour above"

Victoria-Pub-St-Werburghs-Bristol.jpg

• 1 month later...

It's narrowing down now, May's deal is very likely to be rejected again. So we're probably looking at an Article 50 extension (and reasonable chance of a 2nd ref after that) or no deal.