Sign in to follow this  
BCM

Brexit :(

Good work lads, stick it to em. I'll be drilling into my living room wall in solidarity.

I might. My previous plan for this weekend was just to sit about in my pants

Tomorrow I am DJing a 4 year olds birthday party.

:emotawesomepm9:

But won’t less people be on the march than voted to leave?

I might. My previous plan for this weekend was just to sit about in my pants

Now you can walk about London in  your pants! Buy a new pair - make em paisley so people will really stare at your junk.

"fewer"

"fewer"

you're doing god's work, sir.

Fair.

Congratulations on getting 1 million internet signatures from armchair remain warriors for that petition. If you get 17 million then we can talk about another referendum.

Edited by fletcher

Luckily we don't need that many, just 300-odd MPs.

No deal is still the most likely outcome at this point which quite frankly is a nightmare. Unless something drastic happens in the next 7 days we will leave without a deal.

Nah, unilateral revocation of Article 50 imo. May resigns the next day, and Farage comes crawling back out of whatever hole he’s been hiding in.

That's not exactly a better option is it

Better option than no deal by a long ways.

Nah, unilateral revocation of Article 50 imo. May resigns the next day, and Farage comes crawling back out of whatever hole he’s been hiding in.

I hope you're right

Extension to April 12th if May's deal doesn't win a third vote next week, which it won't. What's the fucking point in a 2 week extension

Extension to April 12th if May's deal doesn't win a third vote next week, which it won't. What's the fucking point in a 2 week extension

Europe’s media saw it only one way: faced with a fast-approaching cliff-edge and chaos, confusion and vacuousness in London, the other members of the EU needed to take over the Brexit process and force the British government to face up to its choices – and they did.

“The dual-deadline mechanism agreed on in Brussels both ensures the British finally recognise Brexit is their responsibility, and obliges them to finally accept the consequences of their decision to seek a divorce,” said France’s Le Monde.

That plan, under which Britain will remain in the EU until 22 May if MPs back Theresa May’s deal but leave on 12 April unless by then it has found an “alternative way”, agreed to hold European elections and asked for a much longer extension, is “as clever as it is complex”, the paper said.

“The imaginative double offer achieves the goal of corralling May, and forcing a decision out of London in a much shorter time than expected, without explicitly interfering in British domestic politics. The weight of the dramatic decision to choose between a long extension or a brutal and chaotic Brexit falls squarely on London.”

Good article in Guardian. Or rather, summary of EU media in Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/22/european-media-praise-eu-clever-plan-to-resolve-brexit-impasse

Edited by goDel

Can someone please explain what’s wrong with a nondeal brexit? Dumb it down for me.

It will royally fuck the country.

complete chaos. economy comes to a stand still overnight. any im- and exports will stop as the rules and regulations stop being active. this is where the "what goods in supermarkets will stop being available" stories come from. With half empty supermarkets and all that.

complete chaos. economy comes to a stand still overnight. any im- and exports will stop as the rules and regulations stop being active. this is where the "what goods in supermarkets will stop being available" stories come from. With half empty supermarkets and all that.

yeah but apart from that ..... so long as it gets rid of those foreigners and I can go to the pub in peace without 'them lot' ruining everything

lets hope that stupidity is a curable disease ;)

One thing I haven't quite grasped is that how Brexit's going to stop the immigration to UK or get rid of the immigrants? Most immigrants are from non-EU countries.

You basically stop the economic immigrants coming to the UK by having a shitty economy ;)

One thing I haven't quite grasped is that how Brexit's going to stop the immigration to UK or get rid of the immigrants? Most immigrants are from non-EU countries.

Shhh, just pretend that isn't a fact ....

Seriously though, the idea was that britain could implement more strict rules for immigrants to enter the country. And wishful thinking implied unwanted immigrants could be sent to the EU.

I believe it was more about eastern european people coming to britain thanks to the EU btw. Instead of people from the middle east. Although, in populist politics anything goes.