Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, danshoebridge said:

Do you think the UK would be in a similar mess if Labour had been in power the last few years?

quite possibly, Labour's ideas about a brexit agreement are as silly as the Conservative's. They both want to be outside of the single market and customs union (Labour say they want a customs union, not the customs union, but that would still require border checks), and you can't have that without tearing up the GF agreement (unless there's some backup plan like the backstop to provide legal certainty). So it's either no deal, or a very soft brexit nobody wants because it gives none of the benefits of leaving the EU, and doesn't give the UK any say on how the EU operates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, caze said:

quite possibly, Labour's ideas about a brexit agreement are as silly as the Conservative's. They both want to be outside of the single market and customs union (Labour say they want a customs union, not the customs union, but that would still require border checks), and you can't have that without tearing up the GF agreement (unless there's some backup plan like the backstop to provide legal certainty). So it's either no deal, or a very soft brexit nobody wants because it gives none of the benefits of leaving the EU, and doesn't give the UK any say on how the EU operates.

A soft Brrr-hex-it would surely be better than a no deal exit, if you're looking at how these "policies" might impact on people, social care & the NHS, the economy/supply chains, Eire, the Irish border & the more intransigent strains of politics in the 6-counties, surely.

That aside, Labour have been appalling every step of this path. No strategy, Tories imploded multiple times & they still couldn't get ahead, none of their top brass has had the ruthlessness or (let's face it) foresight to et tu Brute Corbyn. Corbyn = public school Marxist = ultimate hypocrite worth a few million with his own door-step in London = 1%. Starmer seemed a possible option, but a credible policy brain doesn't infer leadership skills.

Labour aren't fit for govt currently & unless Corby goes it'll stay that way. Public don't trust him, nor should they. Bloke is a melt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tories mad lol corbyn is a G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, cwmbrancity said:

A soft Brrr-hex-it would surely be better than a no deal exit, if you're looking at how these "policies" might impact on people, social care & the NHS, the economy/supply chains, Eire, the Irish border & the more intransigent strains of politics in the 6-counties, surely.

oh, sure. but it's still dumb, you retain most of the benefits of being in the EU, without having any democratic say on how it's run, might as well just stay in the EU instead. you don't really gain much with a soft brexit, it's pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Labour are likely to lose loads of seats in the next election. I think it would be a bit of a stretch for the Lib Dems to overtake them into 2nd place, but given recent polling and the last local and european elections, plus winning that Tory by-election, it's not impossible. either way, Labour will do poorly, hopefully so poorly Labour finally see sense and bin Corbyn. Labour membership peaked a couple of years ago and has gone into decline, it looks like even the Momentum types are losing faith in Corbyn at this stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The crash in the Labour vote has been predicted ever since Corbyn got in. Maybe it will occur at the next GE but who would make any firm predictions in the current climate.

I've no time for the current Lib Dem leader, she's played everything 100% strategically wrong since taking over IMO. Am I going to vote Lib Dem? Abso-fucking-lutely because they've got the best chance of beating the Tories in my constituency. If it was Labour I'd vote for them, if it was the Monster Raving Looney party, same.

Everyone sitting on their hands during the GE after watching this shit show unfold might be feeling a bit awkward 1 year into a Johnson-led CON-BXP government. Convincing yourself all politicians are the same may start to ring a bit hollow at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

brexit party have more chance of splitting the conservative vote than winning seats, they might get a couple, but with FPTP they're not going to win many.

I think Swinson has done well, she just won a poll of Labour voters (ppl who voted for them in 2017) who said they prefer her to Corbyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the problem with Corbyn? He seems like a good lad, compared to the ghouls on the other side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, azatoth said:

What is the problem with Corbyn? He seems like a good lad, compared to the ghouls on the other side.

He is rather good at saying what he thinks people want to hear, rather than what he actually believes. I honestly have no idea what his Brexit policy is right now.

And he is great at shooting down Tory policies without enlightening us clearly on his own. I don't trust him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea whats going on.

Building a log cabin by a lake in Norway is looking increasingly agreeable.

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the perfect anti-brexit therapy, btw.

It's probably best to not know what's going on. While stockpiling some food coming next month. In case, you know, November will suck and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prepping like a Merkin militia member. Cellar is stocked:

tinned peaches, tinned mackerel & herring (hope this don't go the same way as The Terror), bags of flour, rain water filtration tank, cycle powered generator + various batteries, satellite internet, jarred shrubberies (fk this going down unstoned), Gramp's WWII shotgun cleaned & maintained, perimeter wall claymores & inner perimeter motion sensor alert set to Golden Girls segue theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JZ3LCa-sLI

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 2:33 PM, cwmbrancity said:

Prepping like a Merkin militia member. Cellar is stocked:

tinned peaches, tinned mackerel & herring (hope this don't go the same way as The Terror), bags of flour, rain water filtration tank, cycle powered generator + various batteries, satellite internet, jarred shrubberies (fk this going down unstoned), Gramp's WWII shotgun cleaned & maintained, perimeter wall claymores & inner perimeter motion sensor alert set to Golden Girls segue theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JZ3LCa-sLI

 

Sounds like the new Rambo movie tbf

Not a bad way to see things out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started an audio only podcast and it features a very well informed guy who used to work for a labour politician. Gonna splice tunes in between. It's currently called Not the nick o'clock news as he's called Nick. It's only  pilot but I'm trying to figure out if it's YouTube doable considering it's pretty honest! Advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

be pretty funny if HM the Q sacks boris.

like he'd get an email asking him to go to the meeting room at 11.30am and he can bring a colleague along as a witness if he likes.

liz is in there with an HR manager and a few sheets of paper on the desk. they do not look amused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Queen is a lazy prick and ain’t going to do shit that might cause her scrounging family to lose their cushty lives. I am a peaceful man but I would murder them all with a hammer.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tec said:

I am a peaceful man but I would murder them all with a hammer.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...