BCM

Reminds me a bit of the embedded US green card lottery ads I see when I'm reading the news from the USA. "Sure, that's where I want to move"

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 8:55 PM, chenGOD said:

Get you a lovely tikka masala on a rainy night in Stoke and see if you don't fall in love all over again, innit.

It's grim oop north. That includes Stoke, Leeds, Manchester & Liverpool. Ever been to Burnley? Jfc.

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, cwmbrancity said:

It's grim oop north. That includes Stoke, Leeds, Manchester & Liverpool. Ever been to Burnley? Jfc.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I started to wonder if the same would happen in the US? That if some US state decided to secede from the union the state's citizens supporting the secession would be surprised that they no longer have the same rights as US citizens and can't just go around normally moving from state to state and living wherever they want anymore?

It sounds stupid but I have to admit I would not be surprised anymore.

30 minutes ago, zkom said:

I started to wonder if the same would happen in the US? That if some US state decided to secede from the union the state's citizens supporting the secession would be surprised that they no longer have the same rights as US citizens and can't just go around normally moving from state to state and living wherever they want anymore?

It sounds stupid but I have to admit I would not be surprised anymore.

Last time some states tried to secede there was a bit of war about it. Not sure if Americans have become less violent and trigger happy since.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, zkom said:

Does that guy record his entire life to twitter? Seems like a constant rolling commentary of everything he does.

Edit: Also, thanks for reminding me about Brexit! Had forgotten all about it ?

Edited by Soloman Tump

On 6/30/2020 at 12:40 PM, psn said:

Read that whole thread ^ :cisfor:

The saga continues by the way. The Idiot Son is coming over and has plans to bribe the mayor.:crazy:

• Like 1

lol, this is hilarious. these people sound too dumb for this story to be real, but the last few years has seriously lowered my expectations of people in general.

this little bit of info might have some corroborating evidence:

https://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/news/hertfordshire-news/a14-traffic-man-rushed-hospital-3232923

• Haha 1

Oh no! They've deleted their account, will never get to hear the end of the story. Maybe the idiot son found out about the twitter thread.

• Sad 1

Yeah, that really seems to go off the deep end, if he had paced it out over a few weeks maaaaybe, but he just blew his load right away

Yeah, it does get a little bit Mr Bean at the end but curious to find out if it eventually pops up in some newspaper or snopes.com. Oh well.

• 1 month later...

The beauty beneath Brexit’s bedwetting

Irvine Welsh

If democratic aliens came down from Mars and looked at the EU referendum result, they’d be compelled to take the view that the UK, hopelessly fragmented by de-industrialisation and neoliberalism, is now finished as a political entity.

This article is more than four years old.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/06/beauty-beneath-brexit-bedwetting-leave-vote-diversity-genuine-change

Edited by whosebrian
  • Like 1

Covid has come at the right time for our administration, many have taken their eyes off the Brexit ball and its thundering along in the background without us realising (myself included. So many other things to worry about!)

We've got little over a month to avoid a no deal brexit, it's not looking good, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised by an 11th hour capitulation from the Brits. Trying to recover from the covid recession on top of a no deal scenario would be a total fucking nightmare.

19 hours ago, whosebrian said:

The beauty beneath Brexit’s bedwetting

Irvine Welsh

This article is more than four years old.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/06/beauty-beneath-brexit-bedwetting-leave-vote-diversity-genuine-change

found this really interesting to read. as an american it shed some new light it all. seems his take on it 4 years ago was pretty accurate ay?

• Like 1