BCM

I'm not a Corbyn fan tbh but they can hardly fuck things up more than the current administration. Plus he's also said he's open to decriminalising or legalising weed, which would be nice.

Diane Abbott can fuck off though.

I'm not a Corbyn fan tbh but they can hardly fuck things up more than the current administration. Plus he's also said he's open to decriminalising or legalising weed, which would be nice.

unless he's elaborately and sneakily spent his whole life voting tactically, waiting to gain eventual power, and then totally changing, he is at least going to try and improve things for the vast majority of people, as opposed to facilitating an upward funnel of wealth from poor to rich more drastic than any country in europe. 

how could you possibly think corbyn would be worse than the tories. utter insanity.

really just hoping this mess enables scotland to get its independence this time round.

Currently: Pro-remain leader trying to get Brexit through who is slightly backed by a warring split leave/remain party/cabinet

Labour: Pro-brexit /anti Europe leader who is slightly supported with a warring split leave/remain party/cabinet

The worst thing is mixing party politics with the referendum results across the board to give us this melting pot of shite.

I am not pro-tory or Labour, but I slightly trust the Tories more to deliver the referendum results without sinking us back into a recession which Labour have a proven track record of.

Calling pro-canabis as a reason for wanting Labour in power is like wanting to pose with your arm in a crocodiles mouth in order to get a cool selfie

Edited by fletcher

idiotic. i can only imagine you havent actually read a single detail of conservative conduct over the last 2 years, or are functionally retarded.

the recession is coming, probably just in time for the final season of game of thrones.

Edited by messiaen

I never said I wanted Labour in power... I'm actually a Lib Dem voter as a general rule. Was just saying that if they did get in, the weed thing would be a bonus.

idiotic. i can only imagine you havent actually read a single detail of conservative conduct over the last 2 years, or are functionally retarded.

the recession is coming, probably just in time for the final season of game of thrones.

I cannot defend the Tory conduct, nor do I want to.  There is no need for name calling in this (fairly) adult watmm conversation.

The conduct of both major parties are severely tarnished and a major shake up is required throughout the house.

Just not convinced that doing it now is the best timing for the country.

I never said I wanted Labour in power... I'm actually a Lib Dem voter as a general rule. Was just saying that if they did get in, the weed thing would be a bonus.

I used to vote Lib Dem during my student days, the local representative had a big following in Coventry at the time.  The glory days of Charles Kennedy!

Corbyn in power would lead to the same economic collapse as a no-deal brexit, of course there's a very real possibility of both happening at the same time, economic collapse squared.

I think May will probably squeak through the vote, whether that'll leave her with enough support to continue remains to be seen, Thatcher resigned in that situation, but this isn't the same, she might feel the need to continue on to prevent a no deal scenario playing out (which many brexiteers would be happy with at this point, now that a no-brexit is a real possibility). Her losing could be disastrous, whoever wins after that would have to extend or retract article 50, and if the winner comes from the brexit camp they may be unwilling to do so, in which case no-deal would be the most likely outcome, the EU are done negotiating.

Edited by caze

^ Although latest Reuters news is

President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker is "intensifying talks" with EU leaders after meeting Theresa May on Tuesday, according to Reuters.

"Prime Minister May came to explain the situation in the United Kingdom and laid out the concerns as raised by the House of Commons, which she told us [she] would like to address in co-ordination with her fellow EU leaders and institutions," a spokeswoman tells the news agency.

"President Juncker listened to those concerns attentively."

She says he has also spoken to German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte.

So if they are talking again, perhaps the no more negotiations thing actually means something may change...

no, they've been pretty clear they're not budging on the contents of the withdrawal agreement, at most they'll offer some additional assurances on why the backstop won't be required, and maybe agree to do some more work on the political statement regarding the future trade negotiations (assurances that it wouldn't take forever to agree a deal for example, further reducing the need to invoke the backstop). The DUP seem adamant that they're not going to accept any form of backstop now though, so the only way this deal is getting through is with Labour support.

even May has said the backstop is not going to be renegotiated.

...even if the European Council tried to change the backstop now (which they won't), the European Parliament wouldn't let them:

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20181212IPR21624/ep-group-leaders-on-brexit-the-agreement-is-not-open-to-renegotiation

The Conference of Presidents indicated that the Withdrawal Agreement is fair and balanced and the only deal possible. It is therefore one not open to renegotiation.

The Conference of Presidents, together with the Brexit Steering Group, discussed today the state of play of the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union.

The Conference took note that the meaningful vote in the House of Commons on the Withdrawal Agreement had been deferred and that the UK Prime Minister had held meetings yesterday with a number of European leaders to explore ways to facilitate the UK’s ratification of the Withdrawal Agreement.

The Withdrawal agreement and Political Declaration are the only deal possible

The Conference reconfirmed its view that the Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration are fair and balanced and represent, given EU principles, current UK red lines and the commitments set out in the Good Friday Agreement, the only deal possible to ensure an orderly withdrawal from the European Union. It stressed that renegotiating the backstop was not possible since it is the guarantee that in whatever circumstances there could be no hardening of the border on the island of Ireland. The Conference reiterated that without a backstop Parliament would not give its consent to the Withdrawal Agreement.

Backstop is a last resort measure

The Conference also reiterated its support for as close as possible future EU-UK relationship such that the deployment of the backstop would not be necessary. The President and group leaders reaffirmed that the backstop is in any case to be used only as a measure of last resort. All efforts to make this point clear were welcomed.

No transition period without ratification of the Withdrawal agreement

The Conference noted that failure to ratify the Withdrawal Agreement would mean no transition period following the exit from the EU. It called on the Commission and the Member States to continue and intensify their work on no-deal planning.

Citizens’ rights remain a priority for the EP

The Conference finally noted that Parliament’s consent to the Withdrawal Agreement would be facilitated by UK government assurances as regards implementation of the citizens’ rights provisions of the Agreement in those areas outlined in BSG correspondence with the Home Office.

The Conference of Presidents agreed to return to the issue of the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union at its next meeting.

Hooo yeah!! She's the reason more than anything I'd be a little distressed at Labour arriving at 10 Downing Street. And as somebody who can easily swayed by a good political argument, that is one thing I'll never been swayed by. Jesus fucking Christ (sorry Jesus) the thought of her in power just boggles my brain. No fucking way.

Didn't he drop her just before the last election because of the hilarious disaster she made of herself on LBC? Pretty sure he did. Then he reinstated her as soon as it was over. I just don't trust people from far-left, as much as I distrust the far-right.

That's why I also count myself as a Lib Dem, though Nick Clegg was another epic tool. 

So what's up? Are you guys staying or what?

this will go into the 10th round, with knock down punches from both sides. No clear winner until the judges get their say.... Find out 29th March 2019

Will the UK get its own Independence Day to celebrate?

(New thought: At the very least we might get an extra bank holiday out of all this)

Same goes for the whole "i'm lib or left leaning but the tories are more trustworthy with the economy". Utter nonsense based in zero actual logic and mindlessly repeated because it has been said by others so it must make sense.

If you are not extremely wealthy and you vote tory then you are most probably quite stupid or just a cunt . If you are extremely wealthy and you vote tory then you are most probably just a cunt too.

I also think she's terrible, but not because of any media representation, she's a far left loon who thinks Mao was great. Weird how anyone who made positive comments about Hitler would rightly see their political career come to an end, but if they were to gush about Stalin or Mao it's dismissed as harmless.

I saw Diane Abbott speak at some event a few years ago, she was an incredibly patronising speaker and got in a huff when she was repeatedly asked by audience members why she sent her kid(s?) to private school. Shami chakrabarti spoke at the same event and was really great, she was director of liberty at the time but now also in the shadow cabinet

current status - Omnishambles, or Fuxit (better than Fixit, Yorkshire's finest already copyrighted that)

and

edit 4 div, they're all cunts, but if Rees-Mogg was to meet a particularly violent end &/or drown @ a Pissoir VIP event hosted by Michael Barrymore = happy days

Edited by cwmbrancity