IGNORED

spotify wrapped

joshuatxuk

The Wiggles are more brutal than the rest combined. it takes a special kind of soulless nihilism to be that constantly vapidly joyous in the face of anything and everything.

1st played artist: Carbon based life forms

28K mins music.

Fav artist: Andy Stott (17 hours), Spoon, Tim Hecker, Lorn, Cat Power

Top track James Holden: Renata

Oldest song: Love "A house is not a Motel" from 1967

Top Genre: Indie

The Wiggles are more brutal than the rest combined. it takes a special kind of soulless nihilism to be that constantly vapidly joyous in the face of anything and everything.

We have a toddler and infant and stayed the fuck away from the Wiggles. First of all, there is simply better kids music. It ain't just Raffi-revivalism, Yo Gabba Gabba completely set new parameters. Secondly the whole idea of kid-tailored music is a trap naive parents fall into. Play some classical and ambient when their in the womb. Maybe indulge in those indie rock lullaby played on a glockenspiel. You don't need to follow it up with some horrifically upbeat rendition of "wheels on the bus" on repeat.

We just play the same radio stations and music we'd listen to before kids. Once they get older they then start figuring out what they like. It's kind of cool. The catch though it they'll have plenty of stuff to stumble into and ask for repeat plays of later. Toddlers love to watch and listen to the same shit over and over again. I've seen Fantastic Mr Fox and Cars 3 a few dozen times at the very least. I've probably heard the opening song on the Pocahontas OST 100+ times in the past 8 months. That was my kid's request. I'm cool with that. Imagine the ironic horror of playing "baby shark" or "let it go" before our kid was ever exposed to it via day care. That would of been a nightmare of our own creation.

1st - ACDC - Rock n' Roll Train - Hahah, I have no idea either, I think I must play it every Friday and Saturday night when I've had 'a few' and probably on occasions twice

2nd - Aphex Twin - MARCHROMT30a Edit 2b 96

3rd - Vangelis - Bladerunner end titles

rest of the top 6 is Collapse Ep

First track was Narkopop 1 by GAS

First new artist was Capharnaum

31 hours listening to BOC

Oldest song was There's No Business Like Show Business by Sonny Rollins (1955)

3keYmXX.jpg

my music listening is split between foobar and Spotify so its not really representative

Same, except Vox instead of foobar and I also use Google Music for stuff not on Spotify. So there's probably 3-5x as much listening. It's still interesting to me though.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Archived