IGNORED

Mery Xristmas

dingformung

Still drinking egg nog over here.

I usually buy it on sale after xmas and drink it into the new year, in this case it'll be with whisky I as a gift

Buffalo Trace is pretty good whiskey with egg nog. The last couple of days though I've just had straight non-alcoholic nog with a little cinnamon on top.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah xmas day was ridiculous. I continued my family's tradition of Bucks Fizz in the morning (Prosecco and orange juice) but this year I was solo and I managed to get through the whole prosecco bottle by lunch time.

My gf had given me a bunch of IPAs for xmas so I worked my way through 4 of them while faffing around trying to leave for a walkabout.

I took a box of 4 cans of Lagunitas Ale with me on my walk. Was a 2hr walk so a polished them off quicksmart.

Got in and cracked open a bottle of red wine. Occasionally I had a red wine break and replaced it with a wee dram of Laphroaig. 

By 9pm I was 2001: A Space Odyssey: beyond shitfaced.

I spent my evening trolling the snareup room (one of the mods kept letting me back in after another mod would ban me, this happened about 9 times) and posting vids to notchatmm, the result of which was people marvelling that I was able to type coherently, considering the obvious state I was in.

Chat is muscle memory by now.

Somehow I also managed to tidy my room properly for the first time in 10 months that evening.

Yeah xmas day was ridiculous. I continued my family's tradition of Bucks Fizz in the morning (Prosecco and orange juice) but this year I was solo and I managed to get through the whole prosecco bottle by lunch time.

My gf had given me a bunch of IPAs for xmas so I worked my way through 4 of them while faffing around trying to leave for a walkabout.

I took a box of 4 cans of Lagunitas Ale with me on my walk. Was a 2hr walk so a polished them off quicksmart.

Got in and cracked open a bottle of red wine. Occasionally I had a red wine break and replaced it with a wee dram of Laphroaig.

I spent my evening trolling the snareup room (one of the mods kept letting me back in after another mod would ban me, this happened about 9 times) and posting vids to notchatmm, the result of which was people marvelling that I was able to type coherently, considering the obvious state I was in.

Somehow I also managed to tidy my room properly for the first time in 10 months that evening.

you’re welcum

Christmas was nice, then my favourite chicken died on Boxing Day. She'd survived the horrors of the battery farm with a broken leg, as well as escaping a fox that literally had her in its jaw, proper hard little bastard.

you’re welcum

You never gave in to my demands to MAKE ME MOD though, despite my increasing petulance. 7/10

Christmas was nice, then my favourite chicken died on Boxing Day. She'd survived the horrors of the battery farm with a broken leg, as well as escaping a fox that literally had her in its jaw, proper hard little bastard.

R.I.C.H. (rest in chicken heaven)

after years of snorting at stories about shellfish poisoning, I finally ate my words!

just had 2 days of what I presume was norvovirus (winter vomiting virus), which doing a little research isn't half as bad as some shellfish poisoning and also finding out 75% of British oysters contains this virus, trust me it's not pleasant

on the plus side I gave myself that Christmas detox I was falsely promising myself, every cloud has a silver lining

I had that a few years ago and, in between the shitting and sicking, it was the best. Missed out on family events I couldn't be arsed with and my girlfriend got me a PlayStation as a gift.

yes some times being sick can have its advantages

I got no extra pressies, I usually get laughed at and called a numpty by my loved ones

which sounds harsh but I guess it's some humorous way of dealing with unfortunate things (I bloody well hope so lol)

Yeah I've had shellfish/fish food poisoning twice and it's weirdly euphoric. Like taking a very bad psychedelic that lasts for days. Also you've lost a shit ton of weight by the time you've recovered. Win/win tbh (apart from all the constant nausea obvsly)

Another win, particularly after being called a numpty, is that you are probably highly contagious and get to laugh at them a couple of days later when you hear unpleasantness exploding from the bathroom.

Archived