IGNORED

Kind words from Sean about Gregory Taylor's book.

Corclene

I stumbled upon it by chance: https://cycling74.com/products/books.

Gregory is a brilliant communicator and his tutorials are always super clear and accessible, and have been invaluable over the years to both us and the wider Max community. Many of the techniques explored here will be useful to anyone using Live, M4L, or just interested in expanding their Max sequencing capabilities.

SEAN BOOTH, AUTECHRE

Picked up a copy. It's really good so far. I like his ethic of starting extremely simple, or designing something with a specific use in mind, and adding parts onto it over a long period of time until it becomes something completely different or complex. It's a struggle to try and make something advanced right off the bat in Max, but he provides a good layout on how to accomplish it gradually. His LFO tutorials are top notch too.

Additionally you don't really need to know anything outside of the Max Basic tutorials and how to use savestates.

Hmm, I might have to pick it up next payday. I'm not great with physical books but it seems like it'd be really helpful for my adventures in Max..

Buy it in kindle format

P.s. step sequencers are nice but i wish we have more tutorials about other ways of arranging events in max, micro and macro ones. Links and books recommendations are welcomed! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, I might have to pick it up next payday. I'm not great with physical books but it seems like it'd be really helpful for my adventures in Max..

Buy it in kindle format

P.s. step sequencers are nice but i wish we have more tutorials about other ways of arranging events in max, micro and macro ones. Links and books recommendations are welcomed! ;)

That'd be nice to learn, actually. Nearly all of my events are done with coll and route objects, which work fine for scripting and doing dynamic changes via changing the index numbers. It would be interesting to see other methods.

Archived