IGNORED

Unknown Artist - 6-9-12-13

gated

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like BoC in disguise. But come to think of it, everything sounds like BoC in disguise nowadays... 

100% brothers of Canada no doubt certain sureity and positive correlation unlocked

lol hivemind

track B1 uses a locked groove from the Bewplum EP, and A1 was in a Brain bleep mix. 

huh, there you are then.

I too am getting tired of the "don't sleep on this one" hype building. But it's difficult to not get sucked into it.

According to their website's tracklist the last track is @user 0000008673 - unreleased

the tracks are pretty dope tbh

that's brainwaltzera's old soundcloud name, before she became brainwaltzera "officially".

Personally, I really like Brainwaltzera's stuff. Have done since the Marzipan days. I don't know why she gets so much hate round here.

I don't know why she gets so much hate round here.

because of the constant impersonation of the artists they imitate, as exemplified by this 7". it's one thing to ape their music, but trying to make people believe you actually *are* aphex or boc or whoever... just don't

I don't know why she gets so much hate round here.

because of the constant impersonation of the artists they imitate, as exemplified by this 7". it's one thing to ape their music, but trying to make people believe you actually *are* aphex or boc or whoever... just don't

100% this. 

They (he or she) tagged their soundcloud tracks as uziq and afx and copied the "userxxxxxxxxxxxx" souncloud profile name, only changing tags when some members here pointed out it was a douche move (leading me to believe they are a member).

It's the same problem I have with beatwife/rognvald, making all these references to cornish this, pappa that, daddy there. 

Didn't watmm just collectively roast some youtube guy for converting tracks he stole from others into midi notes and trying to pass them off as his own?

This is barely different. Trying to pass off your own tracks as being by someone else. 

Maybe the music is good, but the "marketing" leaves a bad taste in the mouths of many.

lel

On one hand, I understand how someone would use whatever trick they could to get attention. There are tons of great artists on this board alone who I think could probably do really well - if people took the time to listen to their tracks. Unfortunately it can be difficult to give music the benefit of the doubt sometimes. Particularly if you know that it's "just some guy from the board." Alternatively, I get how the mystery of thinking what you are listening to might be new BOC/Aphex/Etc. kind of opens your mind up to be predisposed to appreciate it. 

On the other hand, now that we know BWE is NOT any of these artists, probably time to give the whole "it's a mystery!" a rest and just focus on the music. We wouldn't even be talking about this if there wasn't some inherent quality to the music - so, at this point, why not just let people judge based on the merits of music alone? I guess, if you're WARP, it sells more copies but still. . . 

Anyway, we should have a "blind mix playlist" where JR contact all the featured artists, asks them for an unreleased track, then everyone who puts music out here also submits a track and then they all get bundled together but with no actual artist names.  

shrouded in mystery so you spend your money. growing out of stuff like this

yeah me too, can't even be arsed to play the clips.

pretty sure any top tier Warp artist has also grown out of it

(maybe I'm just tired and grumpy)

On the other hand, now that we know BWE is NOT any of these artists

How do you know? Sorry I completely slept on that, just curious. recently got into BWE and it's p good (albeit a little too raw and repetitive at times)

(maybe I'm just tired and grumpy)

I guess so. I mean to me it seems like a curious case of someone who got semi-famous by doing.... what exactly? That interests me. Like T3551ER said above there's many people making decent music who don't get any exposure. I'm also curious because if you aren't an established act like RDJ or AE it's hard to get recognition on the idm scene. But then again, Brainwaltzera might just know someone from the industry and that's about it.

Anyway, we should have a "blind mix playlist" where JR contact all the featured artists, asks them for an unreleased track, then everyone who puts music out here also submits a track and then they all get bundled together but with no actual artist names.

This is a great idea.

On the other hand, now that we know BWE is NOT any of these artists

How do you know? Sorry I completely slept on that, just curious. recently got into BWE and it's p good (albeit a little too raw and repetitive at times)

Yeah, I might be off but I . . . feel like it was confirmed that it was just some super-fan from Spain who basically had spent a lifetime working on music in spare time, was/is a big fan of Braindance and sought to emulate those sounds he was inspired by. My database/pattern recognition engine is known to be glitchy tho. . . 

Archived