IGNORED

Unknown Artist - 6-9-12-13

gated

Anyway, we should have a "blind mix playlist" where JR contact all the featured artists, asks them for an unreleased track, then everyone who puts music out here also submits a track and then they all get bundled together but with no actual artist names.

This is a great idea.

Isn't this exactly what the "Touched" compilations are?

=/

edit: sans JR involvement I mean.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, we should have a "blind mix playlist" where JR contact all the featured artists, asks them for an unreleased track, then everyone who puts music out here also submits a track and then they all get bundled together but with no actual artist names.

This is a great idea.

Isn't this exactly what the "Touched" compilations are?

=/

edit: sans JR involvement I mean.

True. But it’d be neat to see this done mostly with people who post here.

This is a great idea.

it came out a few weeks ago and is called Covert3

yeah it's kinda lame. do they think we're stupid and won't put 2 and 2 together? it's called intelligent dance music for a reason :diablo:

You must have missed the memo, Trump is starting his own genre of UDM - Uneducated Dance Music

IMG-2522.jpg

we could break down the gripes individually and they don't amount to much.

• bwe may have used tags to get traffic - which is what tags are for. 'afx' can be considered a style descriptor.
  • bwe may have fucked around with the identity mystery dynamic that happens in electronic music, such as when afx posted on sc "this is my only account" and then bwe posted on their sc "but what about this one". some forum posters don't like that. i don't see it as a lame ploy to gain exposure. it looks like someone fucking around. they're fucking with us. i think it's funny. 

I agree. It worked for them so who are we to judge. Whatever you can do to get exposure is justified if you get it in the end.

Besides the music is p good too. Don’t see it as a bad thing

I agree. It worked for them so who are we to judge. Whatever you can do to get exposure is justified if you get it in the end.

Besides the music is p good too. Don’t see it as a bad thing

hello brainwaltzera

Nah, any way you dice it it's skeezing off someone elses reputation and "signature" sound for self enrichment. 

You guys dress up in camo for military discounts too?

i disagree. bwe has its own sound.

i don't even think bwe sounds like richard. there's no way it's richard. there are many artists revered by watmm who approximate richard's styles and sounds much much more closely.

bwe has its own sound.

i don't even think bwe sounds like richard. there's no way it's richard. there are many artists revered by watmm who approximate richard's styles and sounds much much more closely.

I agree with this mostly - so why tag their music as being by uziq and afx?

Other than to get hits/traffic that were not earned by his/her own sound. This is nothing new and not something unique to bwe anyways, lots of artists have done it. Thin veil of mystery suggesting it might be one of the featured artists in this forum.

Afx kind of did it himself in a way with the tuss stuff.

bwe has its own sound.

I agree with this mostly - so why tag their music as being by uziq and afx?

Other than to get hits/traffic that were not earned by his/her own sound. This is nothing new and not something unique to bwe anyways, lots of artists have done it. Thin veil of mystery suggesting it might be one of the featured artists in this forum.

Afx kind of did it himself in a way with the tuss stuff.

there's too much music and producers nowadays it's hard to stand out. So... if that trick worked and they got attention why not? It's not like everyone just said "ooooh so it's NOT richard then... Ok, fuck you then". BWE still has listeners who love their stuff.

Do you have any examples of someone doing the same outside of the IDM genre? just curious

Archived