IGNORED

Pye Corner Audio - Hollow Earth

Rubin Farr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

had a few listens this morning. Mmm. I dunno. The title track and its haunting follow-up towards the end of the album are amazing pieces. Maybe the best PCA has done, IMO. I'm not sure about much of the rest. Nothing really stands out so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Martin seems to conjure up a different specific time period with every official PCA album. This one has images in my mind of the computers from The Americans creating these weird sounds.

I feel that, it does have kind of an early 90s vibe, but in a way that doesn't seem vaporish or synthwavey... Good stuff, lots of lush warm tones with subtle little things going on with the synths.

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, NewSchoolScience said:

Couldn’t agree more. This guy’s stuff is chronically overlooked.

I can only speculate here, but Ill talk for myself. Ive been listening to idm since a long time ago so i remember when pye corner audio started releasing music. I didnt like his early albums. So Ive ignored Pye corner audio since then really.

fast forward 10 years he is now unrecognizable from his early work. 

Edited by Ayya Khema