IGNORED

ultra repetitive music with very little progression that's still good

dingformung

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

page 4 am gonna be first to mention subrange 6-36...wtf watmm?!

speedy j!!! leave tekno alone! come back to ambient maaaang

this one is originally an hour long track but i only found this 4 min excerpt:

i agree.. the techno genre might be what you're after. 

Yeah but techno often has a very typical progression: build-up, highpoint, breakdown, another even more intense highpoint, outro. There is almost always a certain amount of change left to make it comfortable to listen to / dance to. I don't want that. I'm looking for total repetition or alternatively semi-repetition where the changes happen really slowly throughout the track. I think AE is a bad example for that kind of music because even tho they often have some semi-repetitive backbone beat going on all the slight changes and micro textures are quite dense & busy which for me makes it some of the least repetitive music

But a lot of really great (sexy/erotic/good) recommendations here itt

Love that metronome one

page 4 am gonna be first to mention subrange 6-36...wtf watmm?!

I think that one just sorta goes without saying. Didn't see anyone linking half of SAW2 either :) There's plenty of ambient-ish stuff that would fall under the original ask

i wasn't joking about my 'buy a shitty drum machine' comment earlier btw. i often set up shit playing on my gear and just let it go for quite some time.

anyway here's this:

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=329337788 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=3712507383]

^yeah, I do the same, tho with my DAW as I don't own any musical hardware (don't need it, except maybe some DAW controller at some point). I think polyrythms are pretty trippy if you repeat them for a long time. The sound kinda starts to warp in your head without it changing much

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone ever hear of these guys, stumbled across them yesterday on the internets: https://www.thelittlesymphony.com/about.html

Dey da real BoC. jk. Nice synth textures, though, and excellent field recordings. I admire their moxy, capturing all dem geographic locales and whatnot. 

Is this post in this thread a satirical take on boc's whole discography?

Very little progression? :dadjoke:

Anyone ever hear of these guys, stumbled across them yesterday on the internets: https://www.thelittlesymphony.com/about.html

Dey da real BoC. jk. Nice synth textures, though, and excellent field recordings. I admire their moxy, capturing all dem geographic locales and whatnot. 

Is this post in this thread a satirical take on boc's whole discography?

Very little progression? :dadjoke:

No, but your's was. Nicely done, amigo. Those little symphony playlists are pretty nice, though, been bumping them at work and my co-workers be like, 'what dat ambience be. It so balls'

Don't really belong in this thread though, do they?

maybe here

agreed, maybe a moderator can move if seen and delete this post. Been a little hot and bothered by recent Ae related news, my thread game has been way off. 

• 9 months later...

https://brainwaltzera.bandcamp.com/track/bewbull-dusty-pot-jam

Yeah yeah watmm.

My dad died to this tune and it was the first time he ever said he liked the sounds of one of my musical choices. 20 odd years he had of me blaring tunes and I can't get over this due to him.

Archived