IGNORED

Your 2018 track of the year

OK guys,

2018 is ending - do you have THAT ONE AWESOME INCREDIBLE WTF DID I JUST HEAR track of the year? May not be a 2018 release, but the track of 2018 for you. And maybe - why?

Honorable mentions? 2nd, 3rd choice?

This year... it is very simple for me.

1. Autechre - tt1pd (NTS Sessions 3)

This track. It starts... dancefloor like. The whole thing with this track is the transition... into.. something else. The first big highlight is that 7:25 woodpechre start, where dancefloors full of Ae autists should explode. Then that slowdown at 9:54, I now see the track as describing the world - at this point slowly being destroyed by some big alien machine monster...thing. Leviathan destroying mother earth. Next transition 11:50, trampeling even more powerful. At 12:50, crazyness in destruction of earth begins. Maybe what's also unleasing is some warbling earth, earthquakes,...? At 14:57 shit is going down a step further. 15:30, the voices of the dying mankind fade... The track highlights at 16:45 when there's full success of whatever destroyed mankind. When the track streamed I was just like "AWESOME INCREDIBLE WTF DID I JUST HEAR" - I just wish it had a proper ending, no fade into the next track jane pls.

Honorable mentions, both not from 2018, but new for me:

- Lera Lynn - Ring of Fire (The Johnny Cash song, but in a minor scale. Much better!)

- Ängie - Smoke Weed eat Pussy. (Someone mentioned it here at WATMM. Trap music? OMG)

Best wishes for 2019!

Wurst

These 2 album openers, ex-æquo :

I'm fascinated by the groove and clever sound-design in both tunes, and have been playing them (and the rest of both records) on repeat since their respective releases. Club music done right.

The Barker EP is a tremendous grower by the way, a proper game changer to me (as a music addict and electronic musician).

Song of the year :

nothing has impressed me or moved me more than these two albums, but if I had to chose:

third track on this

and

last track on this

also

do you have THAT ONE AWESOME INCREDIBLE WTF DID I JUST HEAR track of the year?

maybe it was because I was sleep deprived and listening to this very loudly but the build up from 36:33 on had me thinking this for a month.., couldn't stop listening to it.

edit: especially in the context of the whole release nothing comes even close to this.. for me anyways

Archived