IGNORED

NAMM 2019 : The thread

d-a-m-o

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midibox SEQ v4 if you can DIY.

Oh yeah, I was trying to remember the name of it the last few days. Looks mad, like a DIY budget Cirklon. 

large.seq-productsheet-two.jpg.11aaf80cc

this one is very pretty as well.. curious what the total cost for building it would be in europe, cba to google right now

I'm guessing this is a response to Behringer's NAMM clones, but Roland filed for trademarks for the 303 and 808 designs in Germany. I wonder if this would have an impact on their release if they're planning on selling them in a month. 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/43237

Roland has taken steps to protect the design of its classic TB-303 and TR-808 machines.

Sleuths over at the sequencer.de forum discovered the filings, which seek to trademark the "signature layout of the keyboard and knobs of the 303 and the sequence of colored buttons on the 808," Create Digital Music reports. Forum posters speculate the moves are a response to Behringer's RD-808, which copied the TR-808's colour scheme and button layout. (The version showed at this year's NAMM reversed the colours.) The German filing for the 303 is here and the filing for the 808 is here.

Last year, Roland filed applications to trademark the TR-808 and TR-909 drum machines with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

I wonder if moves like that from Roland (or anticipating them) have something to do with the TT-303 being made ugly when the MKII came out.

yes. well, that's what i heard. the case/knobs etc all had to be changed or a court battle would happen. that's the rumor which seems well founded. 

boss/roland has sued behringer over the guitar pedals. many years ago behringer cloned the classic line of boss pedals. they've cloned lot's of pedals actually. boss/roland made them change the look.

Archived