IGNORED

NAMM 2019 : The thread

d-a-m-o

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Game changer is an overused term, but I think in this case we could allow it."

That line made me laugh because the ex-Akai people I've been friends with (they had all moved on by the end of the MPC Renaissance debacle, both out of frustration and because most of them earned about the same as an entry level McDonalds employee does around here) used to say "game changer" ironically all the time because it was so overused there, both internally and in their marketing and press releases. "This new fuzz pedal I got is A GAME CHANGAH!" etc. etc.

Not that they're the only ones who do that of course.

Yeah tbh I’m no a fan of this "daw without computer" thing.

edit : and I bet it will be full of bugs.

but it comes with "unrestricted creativity".

looks like a slightly different OS to the akai mpc Live and w/a different interface to attract ableton push users or osmething.. 

So basically the new elektron is a glorified volca sample lol huge let down, guess we lost them and the possibility of a new forward thinking drum machine...

Also : yes bitwig 3 looks very promising !!!

I imagine the new Elektron will sell like crazy. I think they'll conquer a new sector of the market tbh. The simplicity and price will appeal to a lot of people who previously avoided Elektron gear.

Elektron have outside investors now so they have to keep the money men happy. For a long time now everything they have released has been with the aim of expanding their market and appealing to a wider audience. I see a lot of volca / teenage engineering envy. Trying to copy what others are doing, motivated by money concerns, rather than innovate or work on their flagship machines, which have bugs that need to be addressed, not to mention the overbridge fiasco. The company has lost its way big-time. Reminds me of Apple focusing on the general consumer and ignoring their power users, the artists and designers. I'm sure it is financially rewarding for them, but they no longer speak to my needs. It's sad because their stuff used to be so good.

Archived