IGNORED

Escape The Loops Archive pt. 3

ok, dun listening

again, really nice job with the drums and track progressions but I would have appreciated if the melodies were put more in the background and if there was more dissonance in them. I think they sometimes are borderline cheesy. But all the warping sounds and breaks are really well done. Nice mixing as well

• 1 month later...

just put on microtuning 16, sounds incredible, wanted to ask if you were comfortable sharing what you did microtonally there. It doesn't sound too off from 12 tone equal temperament. That track in this song which sounds like organ stabs was killer! and the synth piano/bells which start off at around 2:35. Really looking forward to checking out the whole album. 

just put on microtuning 16, sounds incredible, wanted to ask if you were comfortable sharing what you did microtonally there. It doesn't sound too off from 12 tone equal temperament. That track in this song which sounds like organ stabs was killer! and the synth piano/bells which start off at around 2:35. Really looking forward to checking out the whole album. 

First of all thanks for checking out! Funny you mentioned this track, I believe it started off with me just playing with the main sound using the iceface tuning and .tun files, but this track has transformed a lot since its inception (goes back to 2017), it might very well be that none of the microtuning shit was actually used down the road, lol. I don't remember frankly and loading the project up would be such a chore (takes forever cause it's CPU-heavy).

Edit: just checked, yeah it's z3ta+ with the iceface tuning file loaded. It's pretty subtle and only noticeable if you play it solo really

I like the palettes, but maybe instead of stacking them all, try going 1+2, -2+3, -1+4, etc. a bit more.. not sure if that makes sense. Just seems like a lot of mashing together instead of carefully taking your time zoning em in and out. Really not trying to be a cunt here :--) 

I like the palettes, but maybe instead of stacking them all, try going 1+2, -2+3, -1+4, etc. a bit more.. not sure if that makes sense. Just seems like a lot of mashing together instead of carefully taking your time zoning em in and out. Really not trying to be a cunt here :--) 

Thanks, are you referring to track elements within the track? like layer 1, layer 2.. etc.? Cause that's pretty much what I do (layer 1, add new one, add again, then subtract and leave layer 1, etc.)

Disagree here, I think the extensive mashing of different trax is what makes it interesting

Having a second listen after some time now and I've gotta say I have to agree with myself completely, everything I've said earlier was 100% accurate

if i hear a single repeated bar i'm going after you with a hunting knife

lol. don't set your hopes too high span (I don't want to be murdered)

Having a second listen after some time now and I've gotta say I have to agree with myself completely, everything I've said earlier was 100% accurate

Thanks man, much appreciated. Your earlier comment was very helpful, you're absolutely right about the occasional cheesiness and not enough detuned melodies and stuff. Im trying to implement more of that recently

this is great! haven't gotten to properly know much of it yet (bought after listening to track 1 cuz i really liked that) but it's constantly interesting and lively.. nice production too

:music:

this is great! haven't gotten to properly know much of it yet (bought after listening to track 1 cuz i really liked that) but it's constantly interesting and lively.. nice production too

:music:

Thanks for supporting! Appeciated

This stuff is fun and has some really nice moments. Tidy choice of sounds and mix too.

I'd agree with chronical's point that it feels like a bit of a mishmash rather than having a sense of direction but it's still an enjoyable enough listen and the sound palette gives it a sense of coherency.

Thanks man! 

feels like a bit of a mishmash rather than having a sense of direction

Interesting point, I guess in pursuit of 25 changes per track versatile arrangements I forgot to build a proper narration and momentum. That stuff is important. Will look into that. Thanks

It's a common pitfall for people who want to fill their music with variety which happens quite a lot in this sorta genre. The best tracks stand out because the complexity expresses something and doesn't just come across as ornamental.

I remember (modern classical good'un) Nico Muhly talking about how his early stuff was 'one idea after another' until he studied with a certain teacher.

Good talk. Thanks for sharing! I wonder if this could be laid down in a more practical sense, that would be helpful. Like, what's the right way of building anticipation? By means of DAW of course. Just a thought.

That haircut tho

Archived