IGNORED

kr ms​+​800 bit

may be rude

I'm trying to hear the minipops similarities but I don't. Minipops beat isn't exactly a rare kind of groove anyway. TBH reminds me more of that first Flying Lotus album than anything Aphexian in nature. Has that adult swim bump feel to it but more uptempo. I like it it's pretty sweet. Chillax.

Edited by Brisbot

User36434, from the “decoded” artists listed in the artwork.

Correct, first thing I thought about when I heard kr ms​+​800 bit was this track

ohh. the lipid funk person. thanks for the link. looks like that's purchasable, now, here: https://colorsquadrecords.bandcamp.com/album/c-o-l-o-r-s-q-u-a-d-0-4

i'm not hearing it being the same artist. i'm still thinking aphex for kr ms+800 bit. it has the alien artifact feel.

not really sure what to say to mcbpete, except that he is probably aphex.

Lipid funk is also comming out on wax on touched electronix, some realy good tracks on this compilation. https://www.discogs.com/Various-Touched-Electronix-002/release/12883963

• 4 weeks later...

I've been enjoying lipid funk quite a bit since I got the flac. got to admit its a coincidence that kr ms+800 bit ended up being the same person that everyone thought was aphex, and uses a cirklon. 

Edited by very honest

• 3 years later...

Richard could never go full R&B. You guys can hear that sections of this are like 1 click away from Ghost Town DJs - "My Boo", right? ? I have zero problem with it because IDM has long been unseasoned hahaha. What's wrong with some hot sauce or taking the chords to church now and again? 

On 1/28/2019 at 8:32 PM, trying to be less rude said:

ohh. the lipid funk person. thanks for the link. looks like that's purchasable, now, here: https://colorsquadrecords.bandcamp.com/album/c-o-l-o-r-s-q-u-a-d-0-4

i'm not hearing it being the same artist. i'm still thinking aphex for kr ms+800 bit. it has the alien artifact feel.

YOOO. Thanks. Been looking for that 4rd - 1st ALe track to d/l forever now. Great track

• Like 1

Is the rest of the compilation with 800 bit good? Bandcamp locked me out for overlistening to that track and I don't know if it's worth 9 quid

It's good stuff but it's too derivative to be RDJ. This is like if you took everything he's done post-Drukqs and put it in a blender. It's a shame too, because whoever made this is obviously incredibly talented and great at what they do. It's okay to be your own person, that's the only reason why we know who RDJ is in the first place.

EDIT: The only alias of RDJ who's authorship was in question was released on his own record label. I know it's fun to believe that he's going around releasing masterpieces on random bandcamp pages with 10 listeners, but in reality it's incredibly unlikely that he's ever actually released anything that can't be linked to him with minimal effort. I know that I wouldn't. It's like what he said about 9/11 and space aliens or whatever, It doesn't matter if it's not true or not, but believing in what could be is much more fun than recognizing what actually is.

We need more people who are willing to make music that sounds like RDJ and say, yeah, no, this isn't him. I can do whatever he can do BETTER. That's better than uploading all of their shit under user[fuckingrandomnumbers] and letting others assume that someone else did it rather than claiming the glory for themselves.

Edited by wa11heaven
  • Like 2