Sign in to follow this  
TheBro

Anyone using an Ipad to control hardware?

If so what app do you use. I've tried both Beatmaker 2 and 3 but neither seem to work well. Thoughts?

I used Patterning to control my Rytm at some point a few years ago and it worked well once I got it going, forget what all I had to do to make that work....because then I realized that it wasn't particularly beneficial for me or how I use the Rytm or write/perform/record music, and so I've never done it since.

Patterning is an interesting interface for writing drums though, could definitely see it being useful for many who want a relatively simple drum sequencer but still want to be able to introduce some weirdness and polyrhythmic stuff, or those wanting to go off the deep end controlling drum/melodic stuff...there's a Patterning 2 now, haven't looked at what they've added though.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I use a ton:  Lemur, TC-Data, Rozeta, Modstep on occasion, Gestrument Pro (recently made a template to run a TR-8 with it and on the 707 kit specifically, it sounds like Drukqs), Patterning 2 (although their Cloud integration is so great that I always wind up just using internal stuff there, but it *is* amazing as a MIDI controller), etc. Almost always use ApeMatrix as a host, sometimes AUM.

edit:  And for further detail, I run an iPad Pro through an interface and have a ton of eMagic AMT8's to act as a master route. I use an MPC1K as a master clock, and have a separate iPad that just does MIDI to Link for better clocking in iPad apps, and MIDIFlow to incorporate USB-MIDI stuff into the DIN plug environment. 

Edited by Taupe Beats

Wow thanks for the responses. I need to look into all these options.

On the subject of ApeMatrix, I really hope they setup their LFO's to control an outgoing CC, that would be amazing!

TouchOSC!

Fugue Machine is my favorite sequencer

Xynthesizr is a cool sequencer for adding some randomization to sequences too