IGNORED

post your fav drum solos

GetSquirrely

Live - Gerry Mulligan's drummer, a bloke called Dave Ratajczak, @ Brecon Jazz '91. Still one of my favourite ever gigs, it was like a living god descended from the heavens, tiny little PA/rig too & sounded mint

General audio - Bill Kreutzmann & Mickey Hart sections from certain GD sets, some are tremendous, some of bunk, whatchagonnado

Hateful loathing - Dave Lombardo sections from ropey quality Reign in Blood tour gig tape rips '86

For lols - Pickles from Dethklok

• 2 weeks later...

This guy

If autechre had a drummer

Edit ok sorry i’m Off topic, these aren’t solos. My bad.

But please listen to his grooves :)

Edited by autechrist
  • Like 1

My fav drummer, Shannon Powell, definitely old school Nola 2nd line beats, the good stuff starts at around 1:34

Also nastiness times ten, Tony Royster Jr. and Thomas Pridgen together:

And then Aaron Spears soloing over an Usher track of all things, nice!

I could listen to max roach all day (solo starts around 2:25)

Anyone else here a drummer/percussionist?  I've played off and on since my early teens, had a good run with a local project here, probably gigged about 20 or so times over the 2-1/2 years before it went kaput.  I also went to high school (and played in marching/concert band) with this dude (Adam Marcello), who was insanely talented back then and has since gone on fame as Katy Perry's drummer (I think he's in the house band for the voice or one of those other talent shows too).

Also, I never saw Whiplash because as this guy can more eloquently explain, the trailer looked shit.

Edited by Bob Dobalina

But please listen to his grooves :)

Thanks for putting me on to this guy, been listening to the Pocket Change album, especially the song "DumDum." So tight. 

Also, since this thread is now open to Muppets related content, figured I'd post this:

Edited by Guest

yooo came to post nate smith! cheers to whoever beat me to it. guy is un-fucking-believable. had the fortune to see him touring with the dave holland quintet and that was one of the greatest concerts i've ever been to in my life. unreal talent on stage.

dave's other drummer, billy kilson is also amazing and has a fucking incredible solo here @ 11:56. i highly encourage a listen. 

https://youtu.be/_FAl59wU_ts 

i also saw bernard purdie live once and it was so fucking boring. no filter and no taste. a fucking incredible drummer (seriously one of the best) but dont let him call the tunes.

rubin posted some buddy but this is the definitive west side story medley and the definitive buddy solo. so fucking great.

as far as funk drumming goes, you can't do better than mike clark. his drum "solo" on actual proof is one of the greatest put to tape! that shit is one take.

here he explaining it: "it's not that complicated"

and then it's always good to repost the filthiness of this vid

Brian Bennett is amazing, even these days. I have no doubt that he'd be able to play in a technical death metal band if he wanted, lol

also, obligatory:

Edited by modey

• 2 weeks later...

Sanchez did the lovely soundtrack to the motion picture Birdman, highly recommended for the soundtrack, acting, and filmmaking. It is a dark comedy, and the drum solos on the soundtrack go a long way in communicating comic timing in the film, really creative stuff!

• 5 months later...