Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

- - - - -

Una Peaks

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 UnaPeaks

UnaPeaks

• Knob Twiddlers
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • 1 topics
  • Joined 02-January 19
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/unapeaks

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:42 AM

Hey, new to this forum so hello everyone!

Wanted a space to share some of my music, get some advice, and listen to some other peoples. Here's a track I've been working on recently. Let me know your thoughts! Particularly would like some feedback about how its mixed. 

Listen on Soundcloud.com

cheers!

#2 worms

worms

aciiiiiiiiiiiiiied

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • 70 topics
  • Joined 05-June 18
  • SoundCloud URL:www.soundcloud.com/bran1983
  • Interests:acid

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:47 AM

It’s like a track that evokes childhood, then the david icke sample kicks in. Your beats demonstrate high levels of choppage. Mixing sounds fine but I’m just listening via ipad.

#3 TheBro

TheBro

Recently Joined

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • 51 topics
  • Joined 09-June 17
  • SoundCloud URL:http://www.soundcloud.com/thebro

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:55 PM

Love the beats. Music wasn't totally my bag tbh but that said it works well. Like Worms says the mix sounds good. I preferred the 1st part I think.

#4 wobbegongs

wobbegongs

Recently Joined

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • 2 topics
  • Joined 04-January 18

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:45 PM

this is sweet. IMO the voice sample kinda detracts from it.. like it's a bit waffley? also doesn't quite sit well in the mix somehow..

apart from that, sounds pretty good! understated and quite dry sounding. it's got a great flow to it except the twinkly little musicbox riff throughout could maybe do with more variation - it has a slight awkwardness to its rhythm, which i like, but it'd be cool if it shifted around more..

a lot of the bass has gone away in the second part?

i like how there's a quiet clicky sound that sounds like it's part of the musicbox sample(gives the impression of mechanical noise lile, a glockenspiel bar moving slightly), gives it an almost live recording vibe

#5 UnaPeaks

UnaPeaks

• Knob Twiddlers
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • 1 topics
  • Joined 02-January 19

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:58 PM

this is sweet. IMO the voice sample kinda detracts from it.. like it's a bit waffley? also doesn't quite sit well in the mix somehow..

apart from that, sounds pretty good! understated and quite dry sounding. it's got a great flow to it except the twinkly little musicbox riff throughout could maybe do with more variation - it has a slight awkwardness to its rhythm, which i like, but it'd be cool if it shifted around more..

a lot of the bass has gone away in the second part?

i like how there's a quiet clicky sound that sounds like it's part of the musicbox sample(gives the impression of mechanical noise lile, a glockenspiel bar moving slightly), gives it an almost live recording vibe

this was all really helpful! interesting point about the vocal sample, it found its way in there because it felt like it was missing something and i was struggling to work in another melodic element, but maybe i'll eventually figure something out. 

the bass has reverb in the first part, and then no reverb in the second part, maybe that caused a volume drop. didn't notice that at all!

#6 darreichungsform

darreichungsform

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • 90 topics
  • Joined 31-July 16
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/darreichungsform
  • Interests:giving advice

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

very nice reverbs on the voice. I think the voice makes this track really interesting. the drums and everything else sound really good, too. Very full bodied mix with not too much treble (as you often hear in that genre). But the voice sample really makes it interesting and stand out.

I very much enjoyed this track

Edited by darreichungsform, 08 January 2019 - 05:03 PM.

#7 Dpek

Dpek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • 82 topics
  • Joined 28-July 06

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:20 AM

I really like this! Followed

#8 UnaPeaks

UnaPeaks

• Knob Twiddlers
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • 1 topics
  • Joined 02-January 19

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

very nice reverbs on the voice. I think the voice makes this track really interesting. the drums and everything else sound really good, too. Very full bodied mix with not too much treble (as you often hear in that genre). But the voice sample really makes it interesting and stand out.

I very much enjoyed this track

thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you liked it!