IGNORED

Una Peaks

UnaPeaks

Hey, new to this forum so hello everyone!

Wanted a space to share some of my music, get some advice, and listen to some other peoples. Here's a track I've been working on recently. Let me know your thoughts! Particularly would like some feedback about how its mixed. 

cheers!

It’s like a track that evokes childhood, then the david icke sample kicks in. Your beats demonstrate high levels of choppage. Mixing sounds fine but I’m just listening via ipad.

this is sweet. IMO the voice sample kinda detracts from it.. like it's a bit waffley? also doesn't quite sit well in the mix somehow..

apart from that, sounds pretty good! understated and quite dry sounding. it's got a great flow to it except the twinkly little musicbox riff throughout could maybe do with more variation - it has a slight awkwardness to its rhythm, which i like, but it'd be cool if it shifted around more..

a lot of the bass has gone away in the second part?

i like how there's a quiet clicky sound that sounds like it's part of the musicbox sample(gives the impression of mechanical noise lile, a glockenspiel bar moving slightly), gives it an almost live recording vibe

this is sweet. IMO the voice sample kinda detracts from it.. like it's a bit waffley? also doesn't quite sit well in the mix somehow..

apart from that, sounds pretty good! understated and quite dry sounding. it's got a great flow to it except the twinkly little musicbox riff throughout could maybe do with more variation - it has a slight awkwardness to its rhythm, which i like, but it'd be cool if it shifted around more..

a lot of the bass has gone away in the second part?

i like how there's a quiet clicky sound that sounds like it's part of the musicbox sample(gives the impression of mechanical noise lile, a glockenspiel bar moving slightly), gives it an almost live recording vibe

this was all really helpful! interesting point about the vocal sample, it found its way in there because it felt like it was missing something and i was struggling to work in another melodic element, but maybe i'll eventually figure something out. 

the bass has reverb in the first part, and then no reverb in the second part, maybe that caused a volume drop. didn't notice that at all!

very nice reverbs on the voice. I think the voice makes this track really interesting. the drums and everything else sound really good, too. Very full bodied mix with not too much treble (as you often hear in that genre). But the voice sample really makes it interesting and stand out.

I very much enjoyed this track

very nice reverbs on the voice. I think the voice makes this track really interesting. the drums and everything else sound really good, too. Very full bodied mix with not too much treble (as you often hear in that genre). But the voice sample really makes it interesting and stand out.

I very much enjoyed this track

thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you liked it!

• 2 months later...

i think the speech sample in the first track stands out a bit because the reverb used on it is so different to the reverb on the other elements, could do with tweeking to fit better. track is good though.

i really enjoyed this. kinda reminds me of some floating points stuff.

Wanted a space to share some of my music, get some advice, and listen to some other peoples. Here's a track I've been working on recently. Let me know your thoughts! Particularly would like some feedback about how its mixed. 

cheers!

listening again. really great track. 

cheers!

listening again. really great track.

https://soundcloud.com/unapeaks/blvr

cheers!

Thank you for listening!

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, webby said:

Boxy kick drums meld with the melodic bassline reminds me of the childlike wonder of Flim – the sparkle of the xylophone is a great choice to go along with this nostalgic melancholy.  

Cheers man! Flim was an influence for this so really nice to hear that 

Archived