Sign in to follow this  
TheBro

Ultramarine

Anyone into Ultramarine? They were a pretty big band during the 90s but faded in obscurity alas. United Kingdoms were a cracking lp which I have on vinyl.

• Like 1

"Every man and woman is a star" is great from them, effervescent acid is nice sometimes

I played that album TONS back in the mid '90s.  Then one day Happy Land sounded like the naffest hippy dippy crap and I just couldn't get into the album anymore.  Relistening 25yrs on I find I hardly recognize the album.  Strange.

Yes. I love United Kingdoms (and the accompanying single Kingdom), and I also have the New Electronica releases (A User's Guide album, On The Brink 12") and an earlier EP, Nightfall in Sweetleaf. As far as I know their most popular album is Every Man and Woman is a Star, but I haven't gotten around to it.

• Like 1

I mostly just remember the Carl Cox remix of Hooter and the music video with the cute elephant

Now that I listened to Kingdom I can remember hearing it before but not liking it, lol.

But that Hooter remix is brilliant. 

Blast from the past! John Peel used to play them all the time. I liked what I heard. Sort of forgot about them as I never see them mentioned.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dcom said:

Yes. I love United Kingdoms (and the accompanying single Kingdom), and I also have the New Electronica releases (A User's Guide album, On The Brink 12") and an earlier EP, Nightfall in Sweetleaf. As far as I know their most popular album is Every Man and Woman is a Star, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Awesome sounds like you know your stuff!!! 

21 hours ago, tailings said:

I played that album TONS back in the mid '90s.  Then one day Happy Land sounded like the naffest hippy dippy crap and I just couldn't get into the album anymore.  Relistening 25yrs on I find I hardly recognize the album.  Strange.

Yeah that's probably the worst tune off the record 😂 but the rest are great imo.