IGNORED

Jake Mandell - Magnetic Resonance

bronchuseven

Jake Mandell - Magnetic Resonance

I got quite a surprise this morning when Schematic records emailed me about a brand new album from Jake Mandell, released today! I've only given the tracks a quick once-over so far but I'm liking what I hear: glitchy electro with Mandell's signature slicing percussion just as I remember it. Welcome back!

He was the one of the first artists I found when I was getting into electronic music as a kid in high school at the local library. I had pirated some old version of sony acid and was making music with GM sounds and fx. I needed to get other inspiration, I picked up love songs for machines, SAW II, boards of canada geogaddi, and drukqs. I didn't really "get" any of the music and it was very strange for me until years later but I burned them using an analog CD burner and eventually drukqs, SAW II, and geogaddi become some of my favorite albums and I discovered this forum way back in to 2003 or 2004. I never got much into jake mandell but I later realized he was pretty good so I'll check this record out. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

I was driving into work and saw the Bandcamp notification pop up on my phone and couldn't wait to park to hear it. So glad to see back! Picked up the tape.

Thanks for your support! : )

The album is much more techno-based than earlier stuff.

I plan on revisiting the hyperedited beats style at some point in the future, but oftentimes I find more regular rhythms more conducive to concentration.

Also a re-release of Parallel Processes as well as dusting off of several unreleased tracks from the same era is planned for the near horizon...

Thanks for your support! : )

The album is much more techno-based than earlier stuff.

I plan on revisiting the hyperedited beats style at some point in the future, but oftentimes I find more regular rhythms more conducive to concentration.

Also a re-release of Parallel Processes as well as dusting off of several unreleased tracks from the same era is planned for the near horizon...

More great news!

• 2 months later...

Anyone who ordered the tape receive it yet? It looks like it should be shipping and thought was expected to ship out a while ago, but still haven't received mine. Just wondering if they started going out.

Archived