IGNORED

This Time with Alan Patridge

hello spiral

Start with Day Today ideally yeah. Most people would say just watch I'm Alan Partridge 1 & 2 after that (which is where the gold is) but I'd argue Knowing Me Knowing You gives important context for when they go full meta with I'm Alan Partridge.

After that it's all gravy. I need to rewatch Scissored Isle.

Start with Day Today ideally yeah. Most people would say just watch I'm Alan Partridge 1 & 2 after that (which is where the gold is) but I'd argue Knowing Me Knowing You gives important context for when they go full meta with I'm Alan Partridge.

After that it's all gravy. I need to rewatch Scissored Isle.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Day Today, seen it several times already so I'll move on to Knowing Me Knowing You. Thanks a lot!

I think Nathan For You is the most similar to Brass Eye/The Day Today in terms of humor but obviously very different subject matter. I pray for the return of Chris Morris though (I think he’s making a movie currently)

Regarding Alan Partridge I haven’t seen anything other than the two shows and the movie but I think he did a bunch of one off stuff. Any of it worth checking out?

Pretty much all of it really. Scissored Isle is great, so is Welcome To The Places of my Life.

Mid Morning Matters is another one that's great, but watch it when you're more familiar with the character. It's very dry and presented like a live webcam feed of Alan doing his radio show. Hilarious though.

Partridge is probably the funniest, most well realised comedy character ever made. Other than Mr Blobby.

both the books are great too, but i would recommend watching enough of him on screen to make sure your brain auto-reads in his voice. 

Sod that, just download the audiobooks. Then you don't need to imagine his voice.

both the books are great too, but i would recommend watching enough of him on screen to make sure your brain auto-reads in his voice.

Sod that, just download the audiobooks. Then you don't need to imagine his voice.

I didn’t know there were books, let alone audiobooks. Jurassic Park!

brasseye has proven itself to be an accurate prophet of human/media stupidity over the last 20 years tbh.

Yeah pretty much - Pretty much any sensationalist news piece or documentary nowadays looks like it's been ripped straight from Brass Eye

I really want a well-done infographic of every single appearance of Alan in chronological order. starting from on the hour through to this one. the world needs it. I would love to do a full run of alan, not dissimilar to watching every bond film back to back in my static caravan.

Edited by dr lopez

I really want a well-done infographic of every single appearance of Alan in chronological order. starting from on the hour through to this one. the world needs it. I would love to do a full run of alan, not dissimilar to watching every bond film back to back in my static caravan.

not an infographic but this is a seemingly very comprehensive start https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Partridge#Appearances