IGNORED

RX-101 - Dopamine (suction047)

Uros

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer black vinyl myself and always buy the black vinyl if it's an option, but people love the limited colour vinyl editions, so it's always going to be something I offer. Anything that motivates people to want to buy a record, is a good thing in my books!

I will say though: the idea that colour vinyl sounds inferior is a relic from the past... Colour vinyl pressings from the '70s and '80s DO most often sound noticeably worse, and wear out quickly. I'm not sure what the diff is from then to now, but the colour vinyl pressings we do sound exactly the same as the black. If there is any difference, I can't hear it.

those previews are stunning

Cheers - I agree! The whole album is in a similar vibe and consistent level of quality - truly a stunner!

PS UPDATE we're down to 28 copies of the beige vinyl now:

http://rx-101.bandcamp.com/album/dopamine

Edited by Suction Records

Do you know where euro peeps will be able to buy this, Juno etc?

I've got all the other rx-101 releases but don't remember where I bought them lol. I don't think I paid for shipping from Canada though as I'm a huge cheapskate

Distributed by Rubadub - usually carried by Juno, Bleep, Clone, and all the other usual suspects.

PS I'm working on a way to have an EU "warehouse" so that we can ship out EU orders from there. I've found the guy, now it's just a matter of figuring out the logistics and how to make an online store that can accommodate different shipping rates/zones. Bandcamp certainly can't, so it's going to take some research....

PPS our shipping rates to Europe are actually pretty decent. I guess you don't order many records from the US - you'd likely be paying nearly double what we charge...

I've got all the other rx-101 releases but don't remember where I bought them lol. I don't think I paid for shipping from Canada though as I'm a huge cheapskate

Distributed by Rubadub - usually carried by Juno, Bleep, Clone, and all the other usual suspects.

PS I'm working on a way to have an EU "warehouse" so that we can ship out EU orders from there. I've found the guy, now it's just a matter of figuring out the logistics and how to make an online store that can accommodate different shipping rates/zones. Bandcamp certainly can't, so it's going to take some research....

PPS our shipping rates to Europe are actually pretty decent. I guess you don't order many records from the US - you'd likely be paying nearly double what we charge...

Thank you :) your shipping is definitely reasonable and I'd love to support the artist and label by buying direct but honestly my budget is so tight atm.

Totally. Would’ve given this a miss had you charged the normal rate. Pleased to support the label at source.

I still kept Dopamine track from his sc, seems that release will be nice, melodic and mellow :)

So many jams from his sc

I only have 20 tracks, but I know if I'd discover his music earlier then there would be much more :)

to Suction Records

I'm still waiting when you release his ambient tracks, 'Stay Inside' and 'The Emptiness Of 230612' from sc just so perfect for my taste

Edited by FilziSH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OT but are Suction reissuing Silver Apples Of The Moon later this year? Nice job if it is!

Not quite... In addition to running Suction, I also run a production company called Waveshaper Media. We produced the "I Dream Of Wires" doc, and are currently in post-production on docs about Bob Moog ("Electronic Voyager") and Morton Subotnick ("Subotnick"). One of our Indiegogo rewards for the Subotnick doc was a 50th-anniversary LP reissue of "Silver Apples of the Moon" - also a Waveshaper Media release. I could've put it out as a Suction Records release, but it didn't really make sense to me as far as the label's vision. Anyway, it's been out for a while but I've just started offering it via Rubadub for EU/UK distro. More info here:

https://waveshaper.shop/collections/subotnick

Back to RX-101.....

Another track from Dopamine has been premiered today, via Orb Mag... here's "Helium Spheres":

https://soundcloud.com/orbmag/premiere-rx-101-helium-spheres

Edited by Suction Records

• 2 weeks later...