IGNORED

Is Techno suitable for home listening?

Kidrodi

I think this can be an interesting thread given we're on a forum dedicated to this very sort of thing. But I was curious to know whether you listened to much straight up Techno tracks and/or mixes at home and if you buy any of it. 

I'm not the party type and drugs put me off so going out dancing isn't particularly interesting to me but I'm into the music.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some more than others, but absolutely.

Plastikman - Closer is a favourite of mine

Have yet to hear it. Thanks for the reminder.

I was more asking about singles and DJ sets since that's the majority of the scene.

One of my former coworker played Berlin techno at her place all-the-time : from breakfast to an eventual after party she just wouldn't stop.

Given how kinda fed up I was after just drinking a beer with her I can't imagine how her neighbours are doing.

Not always techno, but I enjoy John Digweed's Transitions podcast. 2 hours of house / progressive / techno on a weekly basis, good guest mixes and live stuff too. Sometimes its very chilled, sometimes banging. One of the best DJs to have lived IMO

This week's is a belter

https://m.mixcloud.com/johndigweed/transitions-749-with-john-digweed/

I listen to a shitload of techno at home and work, one of my favourite genres the past few years

Any recommendations?

This channel for instance: 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qQOTx9LuKMC5p2dbjmSRg

where I got a majority of new stuff, ace channel, would be here forever listing everything

search for the industrial techno thead here too

i love techno. my tastes have definetely mellowed now im off the parties/drugs though. 

i think conforce is probably my favourite producer. 

maybe brendon moeller/echologist.

there've been plenty of techno threads over the years (psst, Surgeon might be gay).

the idea of techno "listening" music isn't new either, in fact it was something in that realm - Sandwell District - that pulled me back into techno 5-6 years ago. it's also classic commute music.

Techno at home sometimes, here's some labels.

Clone Basement

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=1629027847 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 track=2390893326]

Vanila

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=4066451581 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 track=596587593]

трип

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=2652500895 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 track=329018146]

I've been listening to Rrose compulsively for a while now, at home, walking etc... but never in a club. So I guess techno is perfectly fine for home listening.

Given the often minimalist compositions, the production / sound-design itself makes techno perfect on smaller yet accurate speakers.

Not always techno, but I enjoy John Digweed's Transitions podcast. 2 hours of house / progressive / techno on a weekly basis, good guest mixes and live stuff too. Sometimes its very chilled, sometimes banging. One of the best DJs to have lived IMO

This week's is a belter

https://m.mixcloud.com/johndigweed/transitions-749-with-john-digweed/

That's not available on Apple podcasts, is it (I looked, but I might be searching for it incorrectly)?

I've been listening to Rrose compulsively for a while now, at home, walking etc... but never in a club. So I guess techno is perfectly fine for home listening.

Given the often minimalist compositions, the production / sound-design itself makes techno perfect on smaller yet accurate speakers.

Good call. Rrose, Rebekah, Shifted, SHXC.... Ancient Methods, Sigha. All the dark stuff, works well at home imo.

As for Digweed on apple, sorry doesn't look like it...

Archived