Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

- - - - -

Anne
Piano

first piano-y

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 T3551ER

T3551ER

Recently Joined

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • 14 topics
  • Joined 03-August 17

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:56 AM

Took a break from studying to test out some of boscomac reaktor stuffs on the new computer (which are awesome and really should not be free at all). Nothing fancy, but pleased w/ how it came out - first track on new laptop, first track of 2019. Gonna be a good year.   

Listen on Soundcloud.com

#2 Mozex

Mozex

• Members Plus
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • 8 topics
  • Joined 19-January 19
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex
  • Interests:Making music and dancing

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:17 AM

Very nice made, I like it all. All instruments fit togheter well and it has nice progression. This is clearly a song that does not need any drums at all. So you did a good job leaving them out.

#3 T3551ER

T3551ER

Recently Joined

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • 14 topics
  • Joined 03-August 17

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:29 PM

Cheers Moz! Thnx for the feedback! ^_^

#4 UnaPeaks

UnaPeaks

• Knob Twiddlers
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • 1 topics
  • Joined 02-January 19
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/unapeaks

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

I really enjoyed this track. the way the other instruments move around the piano and add little details is really nice. I also agree that it doesnt need drums at all! But a version using more electronic instruments would also be really interesting, with the piano part on synth keys

#5 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,718 posts
  • 49 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
  • Interests:Bulking
    Huge-ifying

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

This is really nice!

#6 T3551ER

T3551ER

Recently Joined

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • 14 topics
  • Joined 03-August 17

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:21 PM

Thanks Una! Actually an interesting idea - might rework/expand at some point.

Bulk! Cheers m8, thanks for the kind words!

#7 Drum Up

Drum Up

Recently Joined

• Supporting Member
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • 13 topics
  • Joined 13-January 19
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/user-23055699-353945715
  • Interests:60 Hz, 12 - 20 kHz

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:21 AM

Great piece. Gorgeous melodies. When I put it on, the Laura Palmer pic of your profile combined with the opening of this song took me right to the Twin Peaks theme. Badalamenti is so great! After the opening, though, the song went in a different direction. Really great piece throughout. Kind of reminded me of this in a good way (but different tonally and not derivative): 

By the way, do you like the piano composer Erik Satie? Your piece also made me think of his tunes. 

#8 T3551ER

T3551ER

Recently Joined

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • 14 topics
  • Joined 03-August 17

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:38 AM

Great piece. Gorgeous melodies. When I put it on, the Laura Palmer pic of your profile combined with the opening of this song took me right to the Twin Peaks theme. Badalamenti is so great! After the opening, though, the song went in a different direction. Really great piece throughout. Kind of reminded me of this in a good way (but different tonally and not derivative): 

By the way, do you like the piano composer Erik Satie? Your piece also made me think of his tunes. 

Cheers! So, basically, any comparison to the 'Phex is pretty much (for me) the highest compliment - so nothing but appreciation here. It's funny, my wife has been bugging me to learn the Gymnopedie's but I keep putting it off - very dreamy/ethereal stuff. 

Oh, btw, this Badalamenti track from the Twin Peak TR is pretty ace if you like this sort of stuff:

#9 rhmilo

rhmilo

Recently Joined

• Supporting Member
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • 4 topics
  • Joined 19-November 18

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:34 AM

I really enjoyed this track. the way the other instruments move around the piano and add little details is really nice. I also agree that it doesnt need drums at all! But a version using more electronic instruments would also be really interesting, with the piano part on synth keys

I (respectfully) disagree. If anything the piano could stand to be more realistic, like maybe if it was played on a not quite pristinely tuned piano recorded using a microphone.

Very nice.

#10 T3551ER

T3551ER

Recently Joined

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • 14 topics
  • Joined 03-August 17

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:37 AM

Ta rhmilo. Someday I will have an actual piano (grew up in a house with a sweet, old, baby grand) - recently realized how different the feel is when I got a chance to sit down and play one at work. Something . . . palpable about it. Miss it for sure. 

If a mod happens to read this, can you change the title of this thread to "T3 Tracks"? Thinking I should follow suit w/ other folks and just make one thread with all tunes in it.