IGNORED

Win Two Tickets To See Aphex Twin in New York City

Joyrex

Dw4UJp2WkAYbiFW.jpg

Thanks to the generous folks at WARP, I've got two tickets to Aphex Twin's show in New York City at Avant Gardner on 11 April 2019!

To enter the giveaway, all you need to do is reply ONCE to this thread and on this Friday, 18 January (the day the general admission tickets go on sale) I'll pick a winner at random. In the case the winner is not bringing anybody, the second ticket will be offered to a second randomly chosen person.

You can also sign up via Aphex Twin's Bleepstore for advance ticket sales: https://aphextwin.warp.net/nyc

I'll PM the winners and get their contact info to forward onto WARP so you can be put on the guest list!

Rules:

• You must be a registered member on this forum - if you're not registered, register and you can then enter the contest.
  • Post ONCE in this thread - don't spam the thread and make me sort/count more than I need to.
  • DO NOT register duplicate accounts - if we catch you, you'll be disqualified.
  • What to post? Post why you'd like to see Aphex in NYC, or what you're hoping he'll play, etc. Please no one-word posts or anything rude, etc.
  • This thread will close on Friday, 18 January at 4:00 CT and the last post in thread I will announce who won shortly afterwards.
  • Please do NOT post if you cannot or have no intention of being able to make it to NYC for the show.
  • Anybody thinking of turning the tickets around on eBay, etc.- forget it. You're being added to the guest list for the show by WARP themselves, so that's not gonna work.
  • If for some reason the winner(s) cannot make it, please contact me ASAP, and I will pick another random winner(s) and let WARP know the change in attendees.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rules:

• What to post? Post why you'd like to see Aphex in NYC, or what you're hoping he'll play, etc. Please no one-word posts or anything rude, etc.

Posting! :wink:

:cerious:

EDIT: haha shit, called out by dad. I was just so excited. I wanna see Aphex because he makes mental music, I'd like to dance my arse off, and this will probably be my only chance in the foreseeable future. Hoping to hear a mix of new and old songs (green calx, girl/boy song, PAPAT4, Mt. Saint Michel, 1st 44, Ptolemy, Synthacon, and of course that orgy chant from Eyes Wide Shut)

Cheers!

Rules:

Posting! :wink:

:cerious:

EDIT: haha shit, called out by dad. I was just so excited. I wanna see Aphex because he makes mental music, I'd like to dance my arse off, and this will probably be my only chance in the foreseeable future. Hoping to hear a mix of new and old songs (green calx, girl/boy song, PAPAT4, Mt. Saint Michel, 1st 44, Ptolemy, Synthacon, and of course that orgy chant from Eyes Wide Shut)

Cheers!

That's better!

This show is like 2 weeks after I'm slated to graduate so it would be a pretty perfect way to start a bit of a vacation after getting my ass kicked for a few years.

ay nice, congrats

This'd probably be a good way to spend a month's salary on a trip, maybe, probably not.

my friggin heart!

i never leave the house but if i win those tickets i'm jumping with wife on the plane to NY

would be sweet if he played side b from the dfn vinyl or nqz11 fucked pwn so we can get our heads popped off and of course an unheard track and popcorn

Never been to America, this is about the best reason to go. Both things would make the 13 year old fan still in me dead chuffed. Lushness and frolicks all the way.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nice touch!

We (me and the GF) have always fancied a trip over the pond to NYC and what better way than to see Aphex the same week/day. Would love to hear some SAW II unreleased vibes going on.

Good luck one and all!

Papa Joyrex, this is great, hope a forum hermit gets it :) I'd love to have it so I can save up for a plane ticket for the next two months, have a feeling this one's gonna have metz vibes.. my favorite vibe :music:

remember to wear a feather boa 

also d-lo i was playing riven the other day and i got stuck at the part where you have you to mess around with the furnace. wtf do i do there? (just give me a hint)

(Edit) I’m an idiot. I didn’t fully read the rules and posted too fast, out of excitement, which probably disqualified me, but I’m trying to right my wrongs. Sorry about that!
I’ve been an obsessive fan since 93/94 and would love to see him in NYC. I lived in NYC for 12 years and live in California now but haven’t made many friends out here and a trip back would also really be a wonderful excuse to see some of my closest friends again that I haven’t seen in years.
Plus, I really don’t want to spend $1000 to go to coachella and have to listen to Jaden Smith with a bunch of vocal fry trust-funders.

AND I got boned with the pre-sale because warp didn't send me a password email :(

Please pick me ... and sorry for not reading the rules ❤️

(EDIT)

I got two Brooklyn Vegan pre-sale tickets this morning. I'll figure travel & everything else out later  :spiteful:

Good luck, everybody!

... and thanks again, Joyrex! 

Aphex Twin's "...I Care Because You Do" changed my life, made me feel alive and view the world as full of possibilities. Seriously a life-changing artist for me. I would love to see him in NYC. 

Seeing him play at Day for Night was a pretty life changing experience to say the least. This is as close as he'll ever get to playing where I live so I'd love to try and recreate that magic that took place in Houston  :aphexsign:

Nice one?

Well, My best friend (and fellow afx geek) who is also from Holland, will fly to ny in April, because he fell in love with a girl from ny when she was here in Holland.

I just texted him a pic of the NY flyer and he went MENTAL!

It would be the most insane surprise EVER to put him and his girl on that guest list, i think they will littaraly explode!???

Never seen Aphex live before (beyond vhs dubs and internet tubes). Been wanting to catch a show for decades now but coordinating travel is a pain in the arse (not to mention expensive!). NYC is still a 7 hr drive but all told it’ll be easier than flying to Europe. Not really sure what to say re: songs to play, his whole catalogue is a big long stretch o’ awesome

Archived