IGNORED

Download - Unknown Room

Hk47

• 3 weeks later...

I've only listened to it a few times now, but I'm really... Hmmm... I want to say 'enjoying it', but that's the wrong word. It's very bittersweet.

It reminds me a lot of Effector. More... Happy (again, wrong word) sounding, but... With an underlying sadness.

I have no idea where it would fit in on my favorite Download albums list, but wherever it does wind up, it will always hold its own special spot being the last Key/Western album (baring a sort of 'Back and Forth'/unreleased material album that might come about in the future). I suspect most Download fans will feel the same.

Whatever the case, its a great album. And I'm incredibly glad that it was able to be completed and released.

I'm liking the album a bit more than I expected, after being pretty underwhelmed with Helicopter and LingAM. Gonna take a few more listens to fully digest, and I should definitely revisit the last few soon.

Archived