IGNORED

Ghostbusters 3: Afterlife

jaderpansen

Y'know i've been thinking, one thing i could imagine as worthwhile would be a prequel miniseries of the original Ghostbusters going to college, built on references from the first half of the first film. Wouldn't even need paranormal activity in my book, just the boys bouncing their character shit off each other and life etc. (con is no Winston). Unfortunately that original chemistry is lost forever, can't think of any contemporary ensemble even remotely up to the task.

Ghostbusters is as dead as Harold Ramis.

That being said i'm probably still gonna watch this but yeah, 100% unexciting trailer. At least the cast seems somewhat solid... we'll see.

Edit: Also that CGI is fugly as hell. Invest in some practical effects / puppets ffs, the Mandalorian really shows how much it's worth it imo (besides being rather banal at least it's got the style down).

Edited by jaderpansen

• 1 year later...

I wrote a script for a GB sequel and it was literally just Ray screaming “bustin makes me feel good” with his wang in the containment unit for 90 minutes and then they go ahead and make this shit instead

• Sad 2

This looks like a sack of shit. Bummer.

Ghostbuster 3: Hellbent always sounded fun, I wish that got made. "When is Ghostbusters 3 coming out" is actually the first thing I ever searched for online, haha. 

Always loved this fan pitch for a sequel: https://www.bldgblog.com/tag/ghostbusters-iii/

Edited by gnarlybog

Hear me out, Ghostbusters III set in the not too distant future, the original ghostbusters crew return, but this time as the ghosts

m. night. shyamalan. motherfucker.

You’re welcome

Edited by Plum
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, drillkicker said:

It's funny watching the original ad where they think everything is just going to be normal in summer 2020

The shitheads that won’t get their COVID jab are the kind of people that would call Ghostbusters in the first place.

”My toast is haunted!”

Looks like they're just out to cash in on 80s nostalgia while it lasts, this shit looks more like Spielberg than anything to do with the style of the OG Ghostbusters movie.

• Like 1

Just now, Silent Member said:

Looks like they're just out to cash in on 80s nostalgia while it lasts, this shit looks more like Spielberg than anything to do with the style of the OG Ghostbusters movie.

I do like they kept the practical-looking effects for the ghosts and "ghost energy swirls" which were always one of my favourite things in the original movies...

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Well, this was... watchable, i guess.

Enjoyed the numerous easter eggs in the scenery n props. Phoebe's pretty adorable, rest of the cast did their parts well enough. Some coming of age shit, some love story lacking any real chemistry... Lacklustre but tolerable. At least the movie seemed to search for its own identity... for a while.

However fan service went rather unsubtle in the second half, but i guess that was to he expected.

Spoiler

The deus ex machina ending however... dunno. Missed opportunity. Felt tacked on, which it probably was.

Wilde made for a solid Gozer, tho.

The mid-credits scene was the best thing about it actually.

Oh and the Stay Puft Gremlins.