IGNORED

teenage engineering goes modular

YangYing

I'm just waiting for some jackass like Make Noise or Noise Engineering to make some 2u exclusive module and force me into buying one of these.

Your beautiful masculinity is finally showing xox

fixt ;)

hmmm something's missing...

hey, I make a lot of my music on a fkn gameboy, basically anything else out there is less of a toy

i was jk

ok half kidding...

i like toys and anything can be seen as a toy but this is too much imo. the level of regressive behavior in the pop culture has reached its peak, especially in pop el. music scene (is there any tother anymore?), in music itself (high pitched children voices and childish tunes) and in music production (kid's toys like these, video spots for early to mid-level adolescents at best!). these toys just smell 'regression' all-over again to me and it wouldnt be so repulsive to me if it was an isolated case but it's a trend going worse every week. i probably sound overly sirius and judgemental to you but personality disorders have reached epidemic proportions in the world and regression is one of its signs. im not saying that playing with these toys means that you have a personality disorder but giving the level of personality disorders in population selling these kind of toys is easier than ever and that's the reasone they're making them. very sneaky! 

but giving the level of personality disorders in population selling these kind of toys is easier than ever and that's the reasone they're making them. very sneaky!

wtf are u smoking lol

but giving the level of personality disorders in population selling these kind of toys is easier than ever and that's the reasone they're making them. very sneaky!

wtf are u smoking lol

I read books and dub sci papers. I deduce shit.

>>> Im the master of weeeeeed!

MASIVE MAAAN!!!

No, really i can explain more if you like. It’ s just a plain science and psychology

i probably sound overly sirius and judgemental to you but personality disorders have reached epidemic proportions in the world and regression is one of its signs. im not saying that playing with these toys means that you have a personality disorder but giving the level of personality disorders in population selling these kind of toys is easier than ever and that's the reasone they're making them. very sneaky! 

holy shit man

i was jk

ok half kidding...

i like toys and anything can be seen as a toy but this is too much imo. the level of regressive behavior in the pop culture has reached its peak, especially in pop el. music scene (is there any tother anymore?), in music itself (high pitched children voices and childish tunes) and in music production (kid's toys like these, video spots for early to mid-level adolescents at best!). these toys just smell 'regression' all-over again to me and it wouldnt be so repulsive to me if it was an isolated case but it's a trend going worse every week. i probably sound overly sirius and judgemental to you but personality disorders have reached epidemic proportions in the world and regression is one of its signs. im not saying that playing with these toys means that you have a personality disorder but giving the level of personality disorders in population selling these kind of toys is easier than ever and that's the reasone they're making them. very sneaky! 

I think I sort of agree with you. I would not call it a disorder or a regression, but there's a lot of this kind of "eternal childhood" thing marketed and sold in the world. Like if you have enough cash you can be like Peter Pan and never grow up, you can stay mentally childish and happy and never deal with the real world too much. That's why they have video games and toys and shit in new fancy tech company offices (like Google). That's my cynical take on things though.

Another explanation is just that the generation who grew up with video games and the sound of consoles/gameboys.. surprise surprise they like these vibes and want to recreate and push it forward. I never had this attachment although I played a lot of games, but I can see the appeal and this Teenage Engineering stuff is just taking these ideas and building the future with it.

After all this stuff might look like toys, but even as toys they are miles ahead of some baby's dumb piece of plastic and skilled people will push these devices to the limit in order to make really interesting and engaging music. Plus the things are nice and small instead taking up half the desk.

^Baseck sure got a fuckton of awesome sounds in like 10 minutes flat. I think that says way more about him than the gear in particular, but still, sounded good no doubt.

Cuckoo's was boring lol

Archived