IGNORED

Strange Noises at Night

Mozex

I made this track with Ableton Live Lite, some old movie vocals and a Novatation Launchkey 49. The drum is a loop since I only have 8 tracks to put MIDI or Audio on in Lite and that is simply not enough to also create a good drum

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/strange-noises-at-night

Sweet track. Made me want to bust a move. Really nice melodies, and the mix sounds solid in my monitors. Have you listened to some of the artists that this website is devoted to, like Boards of Canada and Aphex Twin? You might like that stuff a lot if you haven't. Your track reminded me a little bit of that first band's early work from the album A Few Old Tunes. It's unfortunately not on streaming but can be found on YouTube. Their proper releases are awesome, and you might get some cool ideas about how to structure songs and stuff. 

By the way, I'm new to this forum as well, and it seems to be common practice to post songs in a single thread, updating it when you have new tracks, instead of making a new topic for each track. 

Ok thx a lot for letting me know. I will continue to post in this topic then. Would a moderator be willing to help me?

I would like the title of this topic to be changed then to My Tracks...

That would make things better….

No have not listened to them. Thx for the information, will check them out.

I made this track with Ableton Live Lite, some old movie vocals and a Novatation Launchkey 49. The drum is a loop since I only have 8 tracks to put MIDI or Audio on in Lite and that is simply not enough to also create a good drum

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/strange-noises-at-night

Not bad. I quite like the Arpeggiated sounds you've used. Some say it sounds like BOC which I don't think it does. I think 8 tracks is fine to work with I don't usually run that many anyways lol. The final is not bad but lacking in the bottom end.

New track I just finished: https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-flying-saucer

Created with Ableton Live Lite, some old movie vocals and Launchkey 49. The drum is a loop which I did not make myself.

Decent. I prefer this one. Mix is pretty good. Like the bass and the lead was enjoyable. Has a kinda disco vibe. Keep em coming!!

Yeah I changed the Final Station one again, many times because I was not happy about it anymore. I am gonna stop uploading it after making it and let the song at least sit on pc for a day. Then I will listen next day and I am sure I will find things I do not like that I did not hear before lol... So yeah, the final station one works again because I share them also on another forum and they do not like dead links, which I completely understand, so I had to load that one up again under the same name. Hope I still like it tomorrow LOL

The two you refer to are deleted from my harddrive. They had a bought drumloop and I decided to make my own drums. I tried on some of them and it worked, others didnt. I decided to start clean and delete them all.

It is apparantly really hard if you already have a full song, and then make drums for it. I am sure with time you can learn to do that.

I shouldnt have thrown the flying saucer one away and should have tried harder, I really liked that song, but well it is as it is.

Thanks for the feedback. I can not change the strange noises one anymore since I deleted it. Its only still on soundcloud because its shared on a forum that does not like dead links and I got a private message for that already... So yeah, it shall stay as it is.

As others have observed, something very disco-ey (totally in a good way) about these tracks. High energy, sort of brightly colored and orange in my mind. 

Something that I've learned (through necessity) recently is the importance of letting go of tracks. So, don't worry or fret too much if you deleted a track never to have it back - just means it was what it was, and now you have the unfettered freedom to do something completely new  :flower:

I am once again not happy about it anymore, I will restrain myself from posting a song and keep it in my library a day to hear it later...

Good call, letting tracks sit for a little while and then going back can give great perspective on a song in my experience. You are clearly learning a lot quickly, as each new track has cool stuff going on that was not evident in the previous tracks. I am in a similar place with music, slowly learning how to use the equipment I have, and being in that space where you do not really know what you are doing and discovering new techniques and sounds with each music session is priceless. Cherish that!

final station is worth listening, just not quite as groovy as the other two. perhaps there is something in your disco style that benefits from jamming over pre-made drum loops?

I went back to drum loops from a pack I downloaded. I made two drumloops myself and yeah well, I ran out of ideas I guess. I aint a drummer lol. What do you actually mean with "perhaps there is something in your disco style that benefits from jamming over pre-made drum loops?"  I am sorry, my native language is dutch so thats the reason why I do not understand what you are trying to say by that…

I am once again not happy about it anymore, I will restrain myself from posting a song and keep it in my library a day to hear it later...

Good call, letting tracks sit for a little while and then going back can give great perspective on a song in my experience. You are clearly learning a lot quickly, as each new track has cool stuff going on that was not evident in the previous tracks. I am in a similar place with music, slowly learning how to use the equipment I have, and being in that space where you do not really know what you are doing and discovering new techniques and sounds with each music session is priceless. Cherish that!

Yes but still, I would like to be able to know it all :D hahahahaha

final station is worth listening, just not quite as groovy as the other two. perhaps there is something in your disco style that benefits from jamming over pre-made drum loops?

I went back to drum loops from a pack I downloaded. I made two drumloops myself and yeah well, I ran out of ideas I guess. I aint a drummer lol. What do you actually mean with "perhaps there is something in your disco style that benefits from jamming over pre-made drum loops?"  I am sorry, my native language is dutch so thats the reason why I do not understand what you are trying to say by that…

i used bad english. i asked if you like to start with a drum loop.

I decided not to go commercial with my songs. I do not feel good by the idea for some reason... I aint good enough either yet and I just want to share them thru Soundcloud. You all would do me a favor if you follow me on soundcloud and I will follow you back surely!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex

I was finally able to create something new after 4 days of being overtired. I think I created a bit too much in the first days. It came to a point that is was constantly so tired that I could not concentrate on anything anymore. I created yesterday 2-3 songs but I did not like any of them. I kept this one to master it today. I prayed to God to fix the problem I had. Today I listened to the song and thought that it was not too bad. I mastered it a bit and have uploaded it to soundcloud. I am gonna try to make another song now.

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/thank-you-god

Archived