IGNORED

Aphex Twin, Festival Ceremonia, México. April 6 2019

markedone

Aphex Twin will be playing for the f i r s t  t i m e in México!

Festival Ceremonia will take place Saturday April 6, 2019.  Venue is Foro Pegaso in Toluca, México, which is about 1.5hr drive from Mexico City.  In the lovely words of gordo, the city proper of Toluca "is ugly af and there's nothing to do there", so we'd both generally recommend staying in cdmx if you are interested in doing any touristy things around the festival, but if not, staying in Toluca should be alright.

There will be official shuttle transportation (separate ticket for this) between cdmx and the venue.

Im stoked to see aphex for the first time, even though its not the ideal festival (here we would call it a fresa vibe..).  Para los méxicanos/as de watmm, tal vez nos vemos allá.  And for foreigners who may be interested, I´d be happy to answer any questions or doubts you have.  If you´ve never visited, I´d really recommend taking a few days on either end of the festival to be a tourist in mexico city, there is tons to see/eat/do and your american-bucks will go far here.

DwUokDWUUAUsVlM.jpg

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

toluca, the land of chorizo verde..

i anticipate the usual festival markup on food and drinks.  mutek had trucks from the chain taquerias like el califa, prices were a bit higher than the restaurant but nothing tooo crazy.

Fascinoma (another festival) wins the best food offerings, they just invited a family inside the festival who was serving tacos, esquites, coffee, from their truck for regular prices. Dancing outside, with an esquite, on a cold night, was probably the best thing ever..

How much do you think we will spend inside? I mean, I'll be there the whole day, how expensive will it be to buy food and stuff?

Expect to pay about 100 peso (about 5 USD) for anything from a large beer to X food item.

So awesome! Hope there is some special merch for you guys and girls

Aphex Twin Veladoras?

i was thinking more about an exclusive release on vinyls, just for the mexican peeps, not for foreigners.

saw 3 :cisfor:? They could buy a car if they sold it on the internet :catcry:

So awesome! Hope there is some special merch for you guys and girls

Aphex Twin Veladoras?

i was thinking more about an exclusive release on vinyls, just for the mexican peeps, not for foreigners.

saw 3 :cisfor:? They could buy a car if they sold it on the internet :catcry:

I haven't heard about any music exclusives for these upcoming shows (Coachella, Mexico, NYC) - that doesn't mean there won't be though...

Just got back from Mexico a little bit ago. It was a great experience and I wish I could return to check this out but I'm in financial purgatory atm. A Mexican exclusive would be cool as fuck but I think Richard has since chilled with the rare releases post-Japan, right?

It's probably not in the cards.

...or is it?

This is only tangentially related to AFX, but Nevado de Toluca, the mountain that looms over the city of Toluca (where this festival is taking place) is easily the coolest/best thing to see in Toluca. I hiked it last month (for the second time, but my first time reaching the summit) and it was incredible.  At 4680m, the summit is some serious business.  I did the long hike from the parking area, which took an entire day starting at 7am.  But you can rent a van to take you up almost all the way to the lakes that are in the crater, without need of any specialized gear, which is what most people do.  Just gotta be wary of altitude sickness up there.

Basically, I highly recommend it. I feel like some kinda mexico-tourism-bot lol. But mountains are pretty idm (olympus mons won most idm 2014), so it seems appropriate 

4YMNWBO.jpg

fCbtqr5.jpg

KosfbbF.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I stil have my doubts about to go to this show.  I love RDJ music but I don't want to be surrounded by some certain kind of people

arrghh I wish I knew they would bring him since the early bird tickets

Archived