Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aphex Twin, Festival Ceremonia, México. April 6 2019

mexico aphex twin live

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#26 Marked x 0ne

Marked x 0ne

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • 29 topics
  • Joined 13-February 09

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:41 AM

I stil have my doubts about to go to this show.  I love RDJ music but I don't want to be surrounded by some certain kind of people

arrghh I wish I knew they would bring him since the early bird tickets

i was also bummed when they first announced it, because there are festivals here better suited to host rdj.  hes also playing coachella in the usa which is the same vibe (but coachella is probably worse in that regard).. hopefully you can make it to represent ecatepec amidst all the fresa-types

#27 Neto

Neto

love at first sight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • 12 topics
  • Joined 18-November 05

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:22 AM

i was also bummed when they first announced it, because there are festivals here better suited to host rdj.  hes also playing coachella in the usa which is the same vibe (but coachella is probably worse in that regard).. hopefully you can make it to represent ecatepec amidst all the fresa-types

if I want to go to the AFX bailazo I should get my ticket really soon, maybe I just should relax and forget about the people

it's interesting you mention Ecatepec, it seems it always has been synonimous with bad people/a really dangerous place, nowadays maybe more than ever

so I found so hysterically funny all the prank /fake dates that almost immediatly floated around when his name was revealed for the festival, it's so bizarre that just for a second, just for fun, actually some people put Aphex Twin and Ecatepec (and other places) in the same universe, indeed this is a small world

M000HXa.jpg

jC6jzfo.png

Edited by Neto, 09 March 2019 - 04:23 AM.

#28 Obed

Obed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 2 topics
  • Joined 23-May 16
  • SoundCloud URL:Soundcloud.com/obed
  • Interests:Facilitating

Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:50 PM

I'll be there peeps. 1st time in mexico. 1st time travelling abroad.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

#29 Marked x 0ne

Marked x 0ne

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • 29 topics
  • Joined 13-February 09

Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:34 PM

if I want to go to the AFX bailazo I should get my ticket really soon, maybe I just should relax and forget about the people

it's interesting you mention Ecatepec, it seems it always has been synonimous with bad people/a really dangerous place, nowadays maybe more than ever

so I found so hysterically funny all the prank /fake dates that almost immediatly floated around when his name was revealed for the festival, it's so bizarre that just for a second, just for fun, actually some people put Aphex Twin and Ecatepec (and other places) in the same universe, indeed this is a small world

The fake facebook events were quite funny.  Aphex twin en las filas de gasolina y Aphex twin en casa de toño were the best.

Im not trying to talk bad on ecatepec, I think it gets used in memes because the name is fun to say..  Tepito probably has a stronger reputation.  Toluca also gets talked down on.  Mexico memes hold no punches, they make fun of the fresas and expats of san miguel de allende just as much.

I just meant to say hopefully we can represent true afx fans :rdjgrin: .  Hopefully they put somebody very basic on a different stage at the same time to draw the selfie-taking crowds away.

#30 popeonarope

popeonarope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • 0 topics
  • Joined 03-June 17

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:44 PM

Despite the official facebook page saying otherwise (possible damage control), there's a very high chance that Massive Attack won't be playing this (not sure how they can plan an "illness" unless it's surgery related). If that's the case, I wonder who they may get as a last minute replacement?

Edited by popeonarope, 10 March 2019 - 04:49 PM.

#31 Braintree

Braintree

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,009 posts
  • 132 topics
  • Joined 21-July 05

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:49 PM

Just planned my trip. This should be pretty fun. I haven't been out of the country since 2004 and have never been to Mexico.

#32 GORDO

GORDO

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,733 posts
  • 39 topics
  • Joined 18-November 05

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:44 AM

I stil have my doubts about to go to this show. I love RDJ music but I don't want to be surrounded by some certain kind of people

arrghh I wish I knew they would bring him since the early bird tickets

Go dude. You also get massive attack playing mezzanine.

There will surely be a lot of posers and what not but who cares.

Last year when squarepusher played @ mutek I had the most fucking annoying "fan" that was "schooling" me on every single track that was played, yet the show was still amazing.

Despite the official facebook page saying otherwise (possible damage control), there's a very high chance that Massive Attack won't be playing this (not sure how they can plan an "illness" unless it's surgery related). If that's the case, I wonder who they may get as a last minute replacement?

The official massive attack fb also confirmed yesterday that they'll be there so... Nothing to fear yet imo

#33 Marked x 0ne

Marked x 0ne

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • 29 topics
  • Joined 13-February 09

Posted 27 March 2019 - 04:03 PM

cdmx metro promo img. new to me at least

54511059_496820060722611_463632717955631

Edited by Marked x 0ne, 27 March 2019 - 04:04 PM.

#34 GORDO

GORDO

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,733 posts
  • 39 topics
  • Joined 18-November 05

Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:08 AM

Here's the Schedule

Attached Files

Edited by GORDO, 28 March 2019 - 01:08 AM.

#35 Obed

Obed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 2 topics
  • Joined 23-May 16

Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:15 AM

Late night aphex gang

#36 Braintree

Braintree

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,009 posts
  • 132 topics
  • Joined 21-July 05

Posted 28 March 2019 - 02:54 PM

Hope I'm not too pissed on cervezas at that point.

#37 Joyrex

Joyrex

Pipe up, I can't hear you

• Site Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,561 posts
  • 1,792 topics
  • Joined 03-June 99
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/watmmofficial
  • Interests:annual percentage rate
  • PSN:Joyrex
  • Nintendo ID:Joyrex

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:22 PM

I wonder if this will be the merch available at this show, similar to the planned merch at the NYC gig. Will we see a Coachella one as well? Indio, CA is not a big city (from what I can recall)

#38 Hail Sagan

Hail Sagan

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
  • 36 topics
  • Joined 02-February 15
  • Interests:Science and turtlenecks mainly. Oh and music (Aphex Twin, Rolando Simmons, Boards of Canada, Devin Townsend, Ochre, etc.) as well.

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

man these road map posters are really doing it for me for some strange reason

#39 Obed

Obed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 2 topics
  • Joined 23-May 16

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:25 PM

They will have tees too

#40 Joyrex

Joyrex

• Site Administrator
  • 21,561 posts
  • 1,792 topics
  • Joined 03-June 99

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:25 PM

man these road map posters are really doing it for me for some strange reason

They are quite nice... and probably collectable as well - always nice to have a memento of a good show

#41 Marked x 0ne

Marked x 0ne

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • 29 topics
  • Joined 13-February 09

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:42 PM

I wonder if this will be the merch available at this show, similar to the planned merch at the NYC gig. Will we see a Coachella one as well? Indio, CA is not a big city (from what I can recall)

theyre taking a loose interpretation here because the metro map is mexico city, while the festival is on the outskirts of toluca, which is about an hour away.  but makes sense as the largest market of people going to the show are coming from cdmx.

if there were to be a 'collapse coachella' it would probably be LA metro area.. but it would be cooler if they interpreted a more geographic map or sattelite image of joshua tree or palm springs area

#42 logakght

logakght

untouchable as a dream.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • 55 topics
  • Joined 06-May 11
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/geosmina2
  • Interests:magic=physics

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:02 PM

im going with my AT shirt of course if anyone ones to say hi.

#43 Neto

Neto

love at first sight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • 12 topics
  • Joined 18-November 05

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:33 AM

guess what, I got an early bid ticket yesterday!! some boy sold it to me on facebook, it's a general entrance ticket, hope to get the chance to access the plus section some way

maybe I'll use the official transport to get there, seems the easiest way to get there and later return to the city

by the way, has you seen you will have to pay anything with their credit bracelet, be prepared

Edited by Neto, 02 April 2019 - 03:36 AM.

#44 Joyrex

Joyrex

• Site Administrator
  • 21,561 posts
  • 1,792 topics
  • Joined 03-June 99

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:20 AM

Got initial confirmation that there are no plans to offer a poster similar to the NYC one at the Ceremonia show, or Coachella.

However - that does not discount any plans for merch Richard himself may have in the works, so never say never.

I think a vinyl for Ceremonia would be great with a sugar skull on the label...

#45 chronical

chronical

✰☻hard sparkle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • 6 topics
  • Joined 29-October 12
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/spinborn

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:38 AM

Man I really want one of those sparkly shirts :( remember them being up on the bleep store but only in S and M I think, no L for big ol spinborn

#46 Marked x 0ne

Marked x 0ne

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • 29 topics
  • Joined 13-February 09

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:55 AM

guess what, I got an early bid ticket yesterday!! some boy sold it to me on facebook, it's a general entrance ticket, hope to get the chance to access the plus section some way

maybe I'll use the official transport to get there, seems the easiest way to get there and later return to the city

by the way, has you seen you will have to pay anything with their credit bracelet, be prepared

felicidades  :rhubear1:

Re drinks/food you can use cash.  Usually its ticket/token system> you wait in line to buy a drink token that you redeem at the bar or food.  Thats how it was a mutek.

And honestly the 'plus section' seems geared toward 'influencers' and fresa types.. mainly a fancy coat check / lounge.  The plus tickets get a roped area by the stage but really.. you probably want to be with the real afx fans in the main pit :)

Edited by Marked x 0ne, 02 April 2019 - 10:56 AM.

#47 Lada Laika

Lada Laika

2K, On My Way

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • 46 topics
  • Joined 05-July 15

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:57 PM

Man I really want one of those sparkly shirts :( remember them being up on the bleep store but only in S and M I think, no L for big ol spinborn

The sparkly ones are cool but there’s a special place in my heart for the chartreuse one from DFN.

#48 popeonarope

popeonarope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • 0 topics
  • Joined 03-June 17

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:47 PM

How do I go about purchasing a transportation/bus ticket from MX City to the venue? I don't really understand the website.

#49 Marked x 0ne

Marked x 0ne

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • 29 topics
  • Joined 13-February 09

Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:22 PM

How do I go about purchasing a transportation/bus ticket from MX City to the venue? I don't really understand the website.

Online is through ticketmaster from the link below.  Ticket2Ride Festival, and where is says Salida ____ is the location that you are getting on.  There is a map on the ceremonia website of the pickup locations, Parque España is the most "central" cdmx if youre staying there.  For return just the busses will be more continuous, just make sure to keep your ticket until the end.

You can also get them in person in cdmx until April 5th.. and they cost 350 that way as opposed to 423mx which appears to be the cost through ticketmaster.

https://www.ticketma...tist_act_1_name

Edited by Marked x 0ne, 02 April 2019 - 05:24 PM.

#50 Marked x 0ne

Marked x 0ne

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • 29 topics
  • Joined 13-February 09

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:20 PM

Or, fwiw, just checked and uber is ~750 from cdmx to the venue so if you were able to fill a car with peeps, the round trip cost divided would actually be comparable

Edited by Marked x 0ne, 02 April 2019 - 09:21 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mexico, aphex twin, live