IGNORED

Aphex Twin, Festival Ceremonia, México. April 6 2019

markedone

I stil have my doubts about to go to this show.  I love RDJ music but I don't want to be surrounded by some certain kind of people

arrghh I wish I knew they would bring him since the early bird tickets

i was also bummed when they first announced it, because there are festivals here better suited to host rdj.  hes also playing coachella in the usa which is the same vibe (but coachella is probably worse in that regard).. hopefully you can make it to represent ecatepec amidst all the fresa-types

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was also bummed when they first announced it, because there are festivals here better suited to host rdj.  hes also playing coachella in the usa which is the same vibe (but coachella is probably worse in that regard).. hopefully you can make it to represent ecatepec amidst all the fresa-types

if I want to go to the AFX bailazo I should get my ticket really soon, maybe I just should relax and forget about the people

it's interesting you mention Ecatepec, it seems it always has been synonimous with bad people/a really dangerous place, nowadays maybe more than ever

so I found so hysterically funny all the prank /fake dates that almost immediatly floated around when his name was revealed for the festival, it's so bizarre that just for a second, just for fun, actually some people put Aphex Twin and Ecatepec (and other places) in the same universe, indeed this is a small world

M000HXa.jpg

jC6jzfo.png

if I want to go to the AFX bailazo I should get my ticket really soon, maybe I just should relax and forget about the people

it's interesting you mention Ecatepec, it seems it always has been synonimous with bad people/a really dangerous place, nowadays maybe more than ever

so I found so hysterically funny all the prank /fake dates that almost immediatly floated around when his name was revealed for the festival, it's so bizarre that just for a second, just for fun, actually some people put Aphex Twin and Ecatepec (and other places) in the same universe, indeed this is a small world

The fake facebook events were quite funny.  Aphex twin en las filas de gasolina y Aphex twin en casa de toño were the best.

Im not trying to talk bad on ecatepec, I think it gets used in memes because the name is fun to say..  Tepito probably has a stronger reputation.  Toluca also gets talked down on.  Mexico memes hold no punches, they make fun of the fresas and expats of san miguel de allende just as much.

I just meant to say hopefully we can represent true afx fans :rdjgrin: .  Hopefully they put somebody very basic on a different stage at the same time to draw the selfie-taking crowds away.

Despite the official facebook page saying otherwise (possible damage control), there's a very high chance that Massive Attack won't be playing this (not sure how they can plan an "illness" unless it's surgery related). If that's the case, I wonder who they may get as a last minute replacement?

Just planned my trip. This should be pretty fun. I haven't been out of the country since 2004 and have never been to Mexico.

• 2 weeks later...

I stil have my doubts about to go to this show. I love RDJ music but I don't want to be surrounded by some certain kind of people

arrghh I wish I knew they would bring him since the early bird tickets

Go dude. You also get massive attack playing mezzanine.

There will surely be a lot of posers and what not but who cares.

Last year when squarepusher played @ mutek I had the most fucking annoying "fan" that was "schooling" me on every single track that was played, yet the show was still amazing.

Despite the official facebook page saying otherwise (possible damage control), there's a very high chance that Massive Attack won't be playing this (not sure how they can plan an "illness" unless it's surgery related). If that's the case, I wonder who they may get as a last minute replacement?

The official massive attack fb also confirmed yesterday that they'll be there so... Nothing to fear yet imo

cdmx metro promo img. new to me at least

54511059_496820060722611_463632717955631

I wonder if this will be the merch available at this show, similar to the planned merch at the NYC gig. Will we see a Coachella one as well? Indio, CA is not a big city (from what I can recall)

54511059_496820060722611_463632717955631

man these road map posters are really doing it for me for some strange reason

They are quite nice... and probably collectable as well - always nice to have a memento of a good show

I wonder if this will be the merch available at this show, similar to the planned merch at the NYC gig. Will we see a Coachella one as well? Indio, CA is not a big city (from what I can recall)

theyre taking a loose interpretation here because the metro map is mexico city, while the festival is on the outskirts of toluca, which is about an hour away.  but makes sense as the largest market of people going to the show are coming from cdmx.

if there were to be a 'collapse coachella' it would probably be LA metro area.. but it would be cooler if they interpreted a more geographic map or sattelite image of joshua tree or palm springs area

guess what, I got an early bid ticket yesterday!! some boy sold it to me on facebook, it's a general entrance ticket, hope to get the chance to access the plus section some way

maybe I'll use the official transport to get there, seems the easiest way to get there and later return to the city

by the way, has you seen you will have to pay anything with their credit bracelet, be prepared

Got initial confirmation that there are no plans to offer a poster similar to the NYC one at the Ceremonia show, or Coachella.

However - that does not discount any plans for merch Richard himself may have in the works, so never say never.

I think a vinyl for Ceremonia would be great with a sugar skull on the label...

guess what, I got an early bid ticket yesterday!! some boy sold it to me on facebook, it's a general entrance ticket, hope to get the chance to access the plus section some way

maybe I'll use the official transport to get there, seems the easiest way to get there and later return to the city

by the way, has you seen you will have to pay anything with their credit bracelet, be prepared

felicidades  :rhubear1:

Re drinks/food you can use cash.  Usually its ticket/token system> you wait in line to buy a drink token that you redeem at the bar or food.  Thats how it was a mutek.

And honestly the 'plus section' seems geared toward 'influencers' and fresa types.. mainly a fancy coat check / lounge.  The plus tickets get a roped area by the stage but really.. you probably want to be with the real afx fans in the main pit :)

Man I really want one of those sparkly shirts :( remember them being up on the bleep store but only in S and M I think, no L for big ol spinborn

The sparkly ones are cool but there’s a special place in my heart for the chartreuse one from DFN.

How do I go about purchasing a transportation/bus ticket from MX City to the venue? I don't really understand the website.

Online is through ticketmaster from the link below.  Ticket2Ride Festival, and where is says Salida ____ is the location that you are getting on.  There is a map on the ceremonia website of the pickup locations, Parque España is the most "central" cdmx if youre staying there.  For return just the busses will be more continuous, just make sure to keep your ticket until the end.

You can also get them in person in cdmx until April 5th.. and they cost 350 that way as opposed to 423mx which appears to be the cost through ticketmaster.

https://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/Ceremonia-GNP-boletos/artist/2017754?tm_link=artist_act_1_name

Archived