IGNORED

Apparat -- LP5

encym

S'alright technically ae's LP5 is untitled so it's not really theft.

All the same this new track's bit average.

up yr game saschsasw

Damn, been 8 years since The Devil's Walk

Enjoyable single, feels like it's more in Bonobo, Floating Points or Four Tet territory - well produced but a bit more safe in terms of instrumentation and arrangement. His stuff with Modeselektor had a bit of harder edge to it from their input. I really like this personally but I can understand the vibe that it's a bit middle of the road.

IMHO Early Apparat was really great IDM, sadly Duplex was the last good album after that more vocals, more bad indie-pop rollin' downhill all the way towards the dollar bill. This new song would be okay without the vocals, but still ... a wasted talent.

This is the first time I've heard of this artist. The album title is what got my attention.

That Dawan track ain't bad I guess. But I still don't consider it a wise decision in the way of nomenclature. Coincidence or not, this dude's gonna lose if this turns into a legal battle.

Like I said, not bad. But still trembles before the might of the 1998 "original" IMHO.

Archived