IGNORED

Ghostride The Drift - Ghostride The Drift (xpq?0001)

species8472

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Postie just turned up with this - sticking it on now.

Was wondering when we were gonna hear more from these guys, West Mineral Ltd put out 4 records last year from them and yet nothing so far this year until this (out on a different label).

Pretty sure I'll stop using Bandcamp at these prices. This was almost £10 just for a Digital EP. The same price as the physical.

Wasn't overly impressed with the tracks either.

I'm familiar with Huerco S but the others are new to me. 

Sounds like something that would of been released on Opal Tapes. Not totally blown away but I am intrigued by the samples. Chopped n' screwed plunderphonics via 90s dub techno production.

I'm familiar with Huerco S but the others are new to me. 

Sounds like something that would of been released on Opal Tapes. Not totally blown away but I am intrigued by the samples. Chopped n' screwed plunderphonics via 90s dub techno production.

You'd definitely like Uon.

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/95639-uon-superbath/

This EP feels like a missed oppurtunity, IMO. All three of these guys produce excellent music but a collaboration seems to have muddied the waters to the point where nothing is really memorable.

Double rec the uon solo stuff.  Like a cross between rhythm and sound and 1991.. or something.

Exael - Collex is also great, more on the opal tapes vibe.  And the ep H.S. subtly slipped out as Loidis is unmissable

Agree that this ep seems a bit muddled.  It would probably still bang in the right dj set..

Agreeing with the consensus on this e.p. not exactly disappointing, but not essential either. Worst track is the opener which sounds like a water-damaged PS1 racing game soundtrack, gets better from there on in.

Ulla Strauss is my favourite of this crew,(behind Huerco S)-- much more on the somnambulant tip. she put out a great album the other week on Quiet Time Tapes.

Archived