IGNORED

Aphex Twin @ Avant Gardner 04.11.19

tudikaswayne

heard there was a Richard Devine et al afterparty... any news on that from the 'ardcrew? Were' the James' there perchance? :p

RDJ wasn't there but we went 'ard.

Afterparty was wildly underwhelming lol. I could have stayed at Soundmurderer and kept raving, he played a load of classics

Walking in to the afterparty after the spectacle that was the Aphex set took some getting used to. Ruby My Dear put on one hell of a set but the highlight for me was Hitori Tori who closed out the evening. His set was insane, so much energy, it's too bad it didn't start until nearly 5am and most of the crowd had split. My main takeaway from my trip to NY was to listen to more Hitori Tori.

How could RD even have a chance against what Osborn did after that Aphex set. The opener was boring as fuck, there were tiny moments of decency, at one point she had a big dirty Lorn style bass line but it was for like 4 bars and then it went back to a snooze fest. There were a lot of people passing out flyers for Devines set, which I would have loved to check out, but sound murderer did just crush the fuck out of it. It was the perfect rinse for whatever was left in the aftermath of dick james’ set.

There was actually exactly just enough time to catch 95% of Richard Devine after Soundmurderer. There was a 10 minute gap between Soundmurderer getting shut down and his set. The vibe at Avant Gardner after the place cleared out and people actually started dancing during Soundmurderer was electric. I wish they would have let him keep going.

it's been two weeks. wtf is this guy touching up??

I wish i had gotten one of the orange shirts...got a black one but shit, the neon orange w logo is so lush

ya i bought the orange one. it's lvsh :). dfn 2016 shirt is still my fav but they only had small size left when i decided to buy one so it barely fits me :cattears:

Im listening to the set on headphones for the first time since the show and i am so emotional right now. Straight out the gate with an onslaught of unreleased :’) i hear the crowd noise and see myself there. If you were there with me, i love you

If you werent, piss off and get fucked

On 5/2/2019 at 12:58 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

Has this been posted in here? 

Nice! Unfortunately the download link is borked for it though...

1 minute ago, Joyrex said:

Nice! Unfortunately the download link is borked for it though...

Weird, it's only in the embed, not on the page itself. Maybe that happens when there's a download limit? Not sure if that even exists on SC

6 minutes ago, chronical said:

Weird, it's only in the embed, not on the page itself. Maybe that happens when there's a download limit? Not sure if that even exists on SC

That, or the embed was made at the time the download link was active, and it's since been removed...?

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

That, or the embed was made at the time the download link was active, and it's since been removed...?

Probably that yeah. I've noticed that once you embed a song somewhere it'll always have the image it had when you first embedded it, no matter if you change it down the line

1 hour ago, chronical said:

Probably that yeah. I've noticed that once you embed a song somewhere it'll always have the image it had when you first embedded it, no matter if you change it down the line

'cept that's part of the player UI... no biggie.

37 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

'cept that's part of the player UI... no biggie.

Oh yeah I know. Just seems to be connected to the download option above ?

Just now, chronical said:

Oh yeah I know. Just seems to be connected to the download option above ?

Yeah - probably needs to redo the embed and it won't have that broken download link anymore

2 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Yeah - probably needs to redo the embed and it won't have that broken download link anymore

Don't think that works, I think once you embed something Soundcloud stores the settings+artwork in the embed, no matter how many times you do it again. Methinks!