IGNORED

Aphex Twin @ Avant Gardner 04.11.19

tudikaswayne

New 4K 1 hour video of the Brooklyn set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN1jW6wZ3sg

woww.. this sounds p. much as good as the uncompressed videos from my phone, maybe a bit more muffled? track 2, 42:12 (the red/infrared track) and the brooklyn track haven't left my head since sunday when i got home from new york.

Shout out to Colin from MN who I met in the smoking section after the show (didn't get your handle), apparently I missed a bunch of you, should have tried to connect more.

Hi that was me :) Thanks for your help finding my way back in to the venue! It was a pleasure to meet you.

Edited by omnii

Sounds all muffled to me and the volune goes all over the place. How about the full set from this?

https://m.soundcloud.com/dutypree/aphex-twin-brooklyn-set-110419

...what? that's five minutes long and is probably just shake and bakes' recording.

I want the whole set sounding like that!

Late here but also attended and still processing how mindblowing this set was. Still can't believe I've seen RDJ live yet.

That seemed to be the sentiment going around, most of the people i spoke with were at a complete loss of words for the experience. Soundmurderer also put on a massive set, anyone who didn't stick around really missed out. I really appreciated that he played last because the place cleared out enough to have plenty of room to dance.

Shout out to Colin from MN who I met in the smoking section after the show (didn't get your handle), apparently I missed a bunch of you, should have tried to connect more.

Hi that was me :) Thanks for your help finding my way back in to the venue! It was a pleasure to meet you.

Yay, same here! Oh yea, you (understandably) needed a little re-orientation after all that lol.

I considered leaving because of Friday obligations, saw the coat-check line, laughed and went straight back in.

Was rewarded with some squarepusher, classic dnb-workout aphex (Cock/Ver10 mixed into Box Energy was nice), and general dope selection from Soundmurderer.

I feel like everyone who likes to dance stuck around to work out some of that Big Rich Energy™ we had all just been given with no space to express it, after the packed house cleared out.

Used to be I thought seeing afx once would be a feat, now it's been 2x and what I want is to see him with enough room to actually dance.

Sounds all muffled to me and the volune goes all over the place. How about the full set from this?

https://m.soundcloud.com/dutypree/aphex-twin-brooklyn-set-110419

...what? that's five minutes long and is probably just shake and bakes' recording.

I want the whole set sounding like that!

This sounds amazing! 

Yay, same here! Oh yea, you (understandably) needed a little re-orientation after all that lol.

I considered leaving because of Friday obligations, saw the coat-check line, laughed and went straight back in.

Was rewarded with some squarepusher, classic dnb-workout aphex (Cock/Ver10 mixed into Box Energy was nice), and general dope selection from Soundmurderer.

I feel like everyone who likes to dance stuck around to work out some of that Big Rich Energy™ we had all just been given with no space to express it, after the packed house cleared out.

Used to be I thought seeing afx once would be a feat, now it's been 2x and what I want is to see him with enough room to actually dance.

ah man, wish I bumped into you. I lost it when he played Cock Ver 10 but his whole set was hard! I have to check him out!

Cock ver 10 into box energy was awesome. Ended up leaving shortly after that because my free parking ended at 2 and I was already pretty beat

damn, wish we met up too!

What I would do for a full soundboard recording of this...

His new tracks are sounding damn amazing. They have more of a groove than anything on Syro. I'm really liking he isn't changing the tracks drastically every 8 bars like Syro. Tracks to get lost in for sure :) And mother fuck what an opening. 

What I would do for a full soundboard recording of this...

His new tracks are sounding damn amazing. They have more of a groove than anything on Syro. I'm really liking he isn't changing the tracks drastically every 8 bars like Syro. Tracks to get lost in for sure :) And mother fuck what an opening.

yea, I hope they see the light of day soon!

Soundmurderer’s set was the perfect way to end the night, as mentioned just enough people left so as to give us room to dance. Plenty of irie vibes, Ja represent!

Aisha’s set was perfect as well, felt like she laid the mystical groundwork for things to come :)

Sadly no afterparties for me, my carriage was ready to depart after the show posthaste. Maybe next time?

Despite Coachella being a quality recording, with those super lush RDJ track at the start.... im really loving the dirtier vibe of the NYC show!!! 

Lightbulb: Makes sense that NY is grimier than Cali!

Edited by phudoshin

I’d kill for a Brooklyn recording that sounds like the coachella one.

I grabbed a few snips with my voice memo app on my iphone and it was surprisingly good quality.

I wish I had just let it roll for the whole thing, but I was sure it would have filled up my phone.

Edited by J3FF3R00