IGNORED

I just cannot get into Syro

ulul

^well if we are going there, imo Aisatsana could have fit better to CCAI and then E2 could have been added to Syro instead. C'mon people open up your heart to 180db, it's a banger, could have fitted to ODS too though. The more I listen to Syro, the more it feels like Aisatsana is little out of place among all the circklon stuff. Especially when Marchromt and E2 come after it. :dry:

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now, get a grip guys. iirc it was originally on the one and only official Tuss MySpace, so it's not only "somewhat good" or something: I'd rather call it essential, or even legendary.  :ohmy: 

Universal indicator needs more love in my book. Green was a major important record to me as a kid. Can literally remember listening to it on a Walkman the week it came out and being mad inspired by it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

only official Tuss MySpace

:cerious:

"Found this track on this myspace site: www.myspace.com/thetussmusic"

official

Well, now you guys are just being silly. If there's a tuss myspace account with an actual rich track I could call it something resembling "official", but yeah I get what you mean. Then again following Diatoms always impeccable logic there seems to actually be a song on Syro which isn't by RDJ at all. :wtf: Maybe it's that track Rich stole from Vibert, hence vibertvibed synth test?

:cisfor:

Sorry double post but yup, need to correct myself a bit. After some digging it seems that the account which had the vibertvibed tune had also Mug Bass which is indeed eod piece. I genuinely remembered there were only couple tracks along with the vibertvibed one and that none of them were 100% proof fakes. So lemme but it this way:

now, get a grip guys. iirc it was the only song among all the tuss fakes which turned out to be an official AFX tune, so it's not only "somewhat good" or something: I'd rather call it essential, or even legendary.  :ohmy:

Better? On a side note how the hell did they get it there in the first place? Some soundboard rip from live show?

Sorry guys, I thought I had a reliable source.

I can be only as good as my mentors :emotawesomepm9:

soz for useless side railing.....again

I agree with OP, with the exception of xmas eve and patatpaptat. The album just hasn't done it for me. Plus I really hate the mastering of it. The whole thing sounds like it's been covered in snow.

^^^ Eh they don't really fit. End E2 and Marchromt would fit though (obviously)

Actually if he wanted to go for the best possible album he could have dropped 180db and put in marchromt ( not necessarily in place of 180). Then added a beefed up end E2... at the end. Though the album as is is long enough and get why the tracks chosen are in there.

I know Marchromt was japan exclusive but I wonder if it's considered officially part of the album or really just as a single. Eh it doesn't matter. lol

they fit about as well as the acoustic tracks on drukqs imo. im actually trying to work out a playlist based on this idea but havent gotten it just right yet. 180db stays!!

Every time I see this thread title this old zit cream commercial from my childhood pops into my head with the catchphrase "I can't get rid of pimples!"  My attempts to find said commercial on youtube yield stomach turning results.  Anyway, I felt this was a very important contribution.  Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Every time I see this thread title this old zit cream commercial from my childhood pops into my head with the catchphrase "I can't get rid of pimples!"  My attempts to find said commercial on youtube yield stomach turning results.  Anyway, I felt this was a very important contribution.  Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

I also remember that commercial and catchphrase

I did some searching for it as well

Doesn't seem to exist now:)

I did find the commercial from the 90's with the famous line

"People Think that I eat too many chocolate bars"

Do You Remember that One?

I love Syro. I think people are crazy for liking Collapse and not most of Syro as well. It's tha goods. Analord/The Tuss are some of the best shizz. Orphan Deejay is ok, Cheetah is ok, CCAI2 is ok but some of is it bleh

If people wanted more stuff like Drug Use then Collapse would fit the bill. I can kinda get it.

I really like Cheetah ep and orphan. CCAI2 ranges from ok to good. I'm kinda surprised he didn't have way more CCAI stuff, unless he's chosen not to release them.

^^^ Eh they don't really fit. End E2 and Marchromt would fit though (obviously)

Actually if he wanted to go for the best possible album he could have dropped 180db and put in marchromt ( not necessarily in place of 180). Then added a beefed up end E2... at the end. Though the album as is is long enough and get why the tracks chosen are in there.

I know Marchromt was japan exclusive but I wonder if it's considered officially part of the album or really just as a single. Eh it doesn't matter. lol

Megagree.  Wasn't 180db the track that Luke Vibert said had stolen parts?

I agree with OP, with the exception of xmas eve and patatpaptat. The album just hasn't done it for me. Plus I really hate the mastering of it. The whole thing sounds like it's been covered in snow.

vinyl mastering good. 

earth portal and aisatsana are two all-time greats. it's a weird, heady album. it is like a showcase of a bunch of very different, but pretty massive, songs. they exhibit new methodologies that stood in contrast to older things. 

it's pretty cool as the beginning of a new era of aphex. stuff that's come out since syro like rushup edge extras, cheetah, collapse, orphaned with extras, london, misc bleepstore stuff, those songs go good with syro in playlists. 

some quotes from syrobonkers:

syro was like the friendly easiest listening selection, although it is most of my fave unreleased tunes of last 10 years, so its no cop out.

If I go for experimental then you only make about 20% fans happy, 80% get alienated and you won't win many new listeners.
Syro I rek will be other way around, it needed to be done about now, then I can put out more challengin stuff, I really like the tracks, so absolutely not selling out or anyfing, kind of stick neck out a little bit into mainstream and then go away again
none of the tracks on syro were multi tracked into the computer , they were all recorded live to 2 track, which is kinda insane but the way i like it.
Its done then , you have to get it right , theres no fixing it afterwards, theres no edits on any of the tracks apart from the Marchrom , which is made from multiple takes with a load of different Eventide 3000 dse fx.

i fucking love syro and i remember like it was yesterday how much i hated it when i listened to it the first time... when listening to produk 29 [101] for the first time i was literally saying out loud to myself wtf is this annoying piece of shit... nowadays is one of my favorite things ever... that gay swing... another favorite is s950tx16wasr10 [163.97] (earth portal mix), completely bonkers!

btw i only listened to syro for the first time 2 years or such after it came out, what a normie...

Archived