IGNORED

I just cannot get into Syro

ulul

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what religious views would those be?

Nice cherrypicking. But I guess whatever. If you've got any beef you can pm me, we'll talk about it. 

cherrypick my nuts, boy. your WATMM sense is about as keen as your takes on music.

trying to mutate everything constantly. His obsession with making every bar different from the last

..is the reason why this album is so great imo. Even Collapse doesn't come quite as close to the composition on Syro. 

You may laugh all you want ("25 changes in the track", yes) but there's really not much music like this around, I've only heard like 1 or 2 albums (Pare from Parks Burton for instance), everything else I hear belongs to that "ultra-repetitive but still good music" thread.

I'm with you on this! 

And the "flat overall sound" in my opinion it's been a goal, he managed to make the whole album cohesively. Hyper complex tracks, recorded in different times and with different gear 

I don't even think I bothered to listen to any of Syro so don't worry you're not alone.

So you spend your days hanging out in the AFX category on a forum, but haven't listened to his comeback album? Why?  :biggrin:

I don't even think I bothered to listen to any of Syro so don't worry you're not alone.

So you spend your days hanging out in the AFX category on a forum, but haven't listened to his comeback album? Why?  :biggrin:

I use to love Aphex Twin. Was one of the first electronic artists I got into big time but I just don't listen to that kind of stuff anymore. Don't get me wrong I do still like some Aphex tunes for sure but mainly his oldskool stuff.

"Not being able to get into Syro" would presuppose, logically, that you listened to it, The Bro.

Very true lol but I heard the first single for the album and that was enough to be perfectly honest.

To be honest I'm just not into the whole braindance / idm thing anymore. I use to be into it but I'm more into underground house, techno, dubstep, jungle etc. That said BOC I rate highly way more than Aphex but then I wouldn't call their music idm really. Besides I really loath that term idm.

Is it true that the mastering is better on Syro's vinyl? I'm on the verge of buying it just to put the matter to bed once and for all.

Syro, on CD and download anyway, always sounds to me like there's some kind of film over the sound. Like trying to watch a movie on a TV lightly coated in dust. Not a dealbreaker, but really fucking annoying.

I had a similar experience with Windowlicker, listening to the vinyl version was an infinitely more pleasurable experience than putting on the digital.

Archived