I just cannot get into Syro

ulul

Is it true that the mastering is better on Syro's vinyl? I'm on the verge of buying it just to put the matter to bed once and for all.

Syro, on CD and download anyway, always sounds to me like there's some kind of film over the sound. Like trying to watch a movie on a TV lightly coated in dust. Not a dealbreaker, but really fucking annoying.

I had a similar experience with Windowlicker, listening to the vinyl version was an infinitely more pleasurable experience than putting on the digital.

Edited by ulul

Syro, on CD and download anyway, always sounds to me like there's some kind of film over the sound. Like trying to watch a movie on a TV lightly coated in dust. 

I only really get that effect on the xmas eve track? It's somehow muted somewhere in the higher freq ranges.

I've got the vinyl but admit I've not opened it yet lol.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

IMO the syro vinyl sounds amazing, nice and phat but not unbalanced.  That said, there at least one dude on discogs shitting on the pressing quality and talking bad at warp pressings in general.  But to my ears, on speakers, its a very pleasurable listening experience

IMO the syro vinyl sounds amazing, nice and phat but not unbalanced. That said, there at least one dude on discogs shitting on the pressing quality and talking bad at warp pressings in general. But to my ears, on speakers, its a very pleasurable listening experience

Yeah I've just read that review too! I just have a feeling that I'm missing something on Syro. I've been let down by plenty of my favourite artists, but I've never been so intrigued as to why as for Syro.

IMO the syro vinyl sounds amazing, nice and phat but not unbalanced. That said, there at least one dude on discogs shitting on the pressing quality and talking bad at warp pressings in general. But to my ears, on speakers, its a very pleasurable listening experience

Yeah I've just read that review too! I just have a feeling that I'm missing something on Syro. I've been let down by plenty of my favourite artists, but I've never been so intrigued as to why as for Syro.

You should read a few more reviews to find out what to think about it